025 laser tag.

 ( chapter twenty five )
LASER TAG.

Syd stood in Cobra Kai after class excited as she spoke with Eli

Syd stood in Cobra Kai after class excited as she spoke with Eli. "So, where are we going?" She wondered. Eli smirked, placing a hand by her head on the wall she leant against. "The arcade at Golf N' Stuff. We can play shitty games, there's music, even an old laser tag place next door." Syds smile fell as she looked at him. "Really? Are we always just gonna go somewhere with a bunch of screaming kids? First the roller rink, then the amusement park, public pool, water park, even an actual playground. I'm starting to sense a pattern."

"Hey, I promise our next date spot will be the most romantic place you've ever seen, okay? But this place is awesome and you're gonna love it. I mean, who doesn't have fun in an arcade?" Eli responded, obviously trying to build hype around the location. Syd rolled her eyes, smiling lightly. "Fine, but next time I'm choosing the location." Eli nodded. "Fine by me."

"What's this I hear of an arcade?" Mitch questioned, catching the attention of other Cobra Kai members. "Oh, no." Syd sighed, just ready to watch this all play out. "Uh, actually... it's just gonna be Syd and—" Eli begun, instantly being cut off. "I think the arcade is just the place to go to let off some steam. What do you guys think?" Mitch spoke, turning to the other boys who all nodded in agreement.

Eli looked to Syd, hoping she'd clear it up. The girl just smiled at him, letting him know without words that he had to fix it himself. "You know, Assface... it's actually a date night, so..." Eli spoke, not knowing what he could say to still make sure he sounded cool in front of his friends. "A date at an arcade? Sounds lame. But a day with all your friends? That's where it's at." Mitch laughed, walking away from Eli and Syd to go and talk to the other guys about where they'd now all be going.

Syd just pat Eli on the shoulder, moving past him. "Good job." She walked over to Tory, who'd been watching from afar with amusement written all over her face. "Wow, I've never seen a date crashing so extreme before. Who'd have guessed a location picked by a guy would sound fun to a bunch of other guys?" Syd rolled her eyes, laughing lightly. "Tell me about it. This just gives me reason to have free rein for a while when it comes to locations. I'll be able to pull this card and it will be magical."

Tory laughed, shaking her head. "Well, I hope you have fun with the guys." Syd frowned, groaning. "Oh, please come. I think I'll die if you're not there with me. I can't explain how boring it is to watch all of them dude out together. It's honestly kinda scary to deal with alone." Tory rolled her eyes, smile not leaving her face. "I think you'll survive. Besides, even if I wanted to I can't. I have work."

Syd sighed. "Okay, well... how about after? Could be fun. We could sneak off and leave them all there." Tory laughed again. "I'll think about it. Except, turning it into a hang out for us does sound appealing. I'm always at work and you're always with Hawk, it sucks." Syd rolled her eyes, grimacing. "Tell me about it. He's been to my house so much my brother now asks why he's not there if he doesn't come over. Don't get me wrong, I think it's adorable, but I need some girl time."