045 I love you, I'm sorry.

 ( chapter forty five )
I LOVE YOU, I'M SORRY.

 ( chapter forty five )I LOVE YOU, I'M SORRY

Syd stood in Cobra Kai beside Tory as she angrily beat on one of their machines. Everyone around the two were sending Tory confused looks, not understanding why she was so angry. Syd had heard all about it the night before, Tory sleeping over after the water park so she wasn't alone. She's gone off about everything that was on her mind and in the morning she'd told Syd she felt better. Obviously she didn't.

"Aits. Aits. Aits. Double punch. Aits." Sensei Silver spoke, walking around the class. This reminded every one of what they were meant to be doing, all going back to their own training.

Syd faced the dummy before her again, working on sharp hits that could knock the wind out of a person if sent to the right spot. Sensei Silver had told her he'd teach the move to her soon, deciding she should just practice the form first, but she really didn't see herself ever using it unless in danger.

Syd slowly stopped what she was doing when she once again noticed everyone staring at someone. But this time it wasn't Tory, it was Raymond. Syds eyes widened, not expecting to see the man back here after everything Sensei Kreese did to him. "There he is." Sensei Silver smiled, walking toward Raymond. "The man himself. Joon-bee stance. An exemplar of everything Cobra Kai stands for. Loyalty. Discipline. Inner strength. After former Sensei Kreese's cowardly attack, most people would've crawled into a hole to hide. Not Stingray. He stood tall. Demanded justice. That's Cobra Kai. So, let's give him the welcome he deserves."

Everyone began clapping, many of the newer students cheering for the man as well. Syd just clapped, watching as Sensei Silver pat Raymond on the back. "Nichols, McKinley, take over class. I need a word with my guy here." Sensei Silver ordered.

Syd moved to stand before the class with Tory, both girls looking around the room. "Forward strike. Aits!" Tory shouted, continuing as the class did as told. Syd walked around the group, correcting people on their stance and positioning as she went on.

This was often how class went now that Syd was better whenever Sensei Silver had to step out. Tory would lead on strikes while Syd would focus on individual changes that could be made. They worked well as a team, something needed in a place like this.

When class was over, Syd stayed back. Now that she was officially cleared, she had no reason not to push herself to the limit every day. Every student was given access to train after hours, but not many took advantage of it. Syd wouldn't make that mistake, knowing that she needed to work as hard as she could.

In a weird way she wanted to prove that she was still the best in the dojo. Especially with Tory now being the champion, Syd felt herself slipping into the background. She wanted everyone to remember that she'd been the best fighter in the dojo for some time now, and even with Tory being her friend, she was sure if she'd made it to the finals she would have been the champion.