055 let the chips fall where they may.

 ( chapter fifty five )
LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY.

 ( chapter fifty five )LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY

"I heard Aisha got into UC Santa Cruz. Have you heard anything from Stanford?" Sam wondered as she stretched in a circle with Miguel, Syd, Eli, and Demetri. "No. I've been checking my emails, like, every day, but nothing." Miguel frowned. "Hey, don't stress. It'll come. I mean, Demetri hasn't heard from MIT yet, so..." Eli stated, hoping to lift Miguel's spirits.

He was a lot better today. It seemed he was taking the loss better. "Yeah, I did. I got in." Demetri dropped, saying it like it was nothing. Syds eyes widened, the girl smiling. "That's amazing, Demetri." Miguel and Eli both stared at him, shocked. "What?" They voiced at once.

"Well, yeah. Why are you all so surprised? I worked my ass off and earned that spot. That would be like LeBron James getting turned down by the Lakers." Demetri spoke, pretending to shoot a basket after. "Congratulations, Demetri. It's a really hard school to get into." Sam smiled. "Yeah, it certainly is. Especially when you don't apply. Right, Eli?" Demetri jabbed, sending Eli a look.

"Real subtle." Eli frowned. "Hey, lay off, okay?" Syd spoke quietly, sending Demetri a look. "Hey, I'm just saying you miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Demetri shrugged, looking between the two. While he knew she didn't actually do anything, Demetri was a bit upset that Eli was thinking of choosing Syd over him. He wasn't a fan of the fact that a big reason Eli hadn't applied was because he wanted to see where Syd would end up and keep his options open.

"Well, uh, Syd! How's the ballet school auditions going?" Miguel asked, changing the topic as quickly as he could. "Haven't started. Auditions aren't going to be starting up until after we get back from the Sekai Taikai. But, each school usually has a pretty quick turn around for giving a yes or no." Syd explained. She was excited. While karate was definitely in the forefront of her mind until the Sekai Taikai was over, Syd felt like her ballet training was going well and she was ready.

"Are there any that are at the top of your list?" Sam wondered, smiling at her friend. "The San Francisco Ballet School is amazing and it helps that it's close to home. There's obviously places like Julliard but I'm not holding out hope. There's some good ones in Paris, London, Russia, you name it. I think I'm going to send in my audition for places all over and just hope one sticks. London would be amazing though." Syd smiled.

"That's... really cool." Demetri nodded, sending the girl a small smile. "She talks like she won't make it into them all." Eli smiled, watching the girl. "That's because I won't. But, that's part of the process." Syd laughed. She appreciated how much he believed in her, even when knowing he was talking out of his ass.

"All right. Circle up." Mr. LaRusso spoke, catching everyone's attention. They all moved into their rows, Syd taking a front spot between Eli and Sam. She looked around for a moment with a frown, noticing no Kenny. She felt horrible for the boy, only hoping he could move past it, and that everyone else would too.