017 black vs red.

 ( chapter seventeen )
BLACK VS RED.

Everyone stood around the dojo waiting for Sensei Lawrence to arrive so they could go to the woods and work on the special training Sensei Kreese had promised

Everyone stood around the dojo waiting for Sensei Lawrence to arrive so they could go to the woods and work on the special training Sensei Kreese had promised. Syd was excited, though she also felt bad for Sensei Lawrence. Miguel had told her about his friend.

"What do you think we'll do today? Climb trees? Punch trees?" Mitch questioned. Syd laughed a bit as Eli rolled his eyes, Miguel walking off to talk to Sensei Lawrence as he walked in. "I'm sure whatever it is will be both fun and painful." Syd spoke. "I still don't understand how those two things can happen at once." Mitch replied, shaking his head.

"Dude, shut up." Eli spoke, shaking his head as Sensei Lawrence looked at the class. "Everybody, get your gis on. Training starts in five minutes." Everyone looked at each other confused, walking toward their Sensei as a group. "Yeah, what's wrong?" Sensei Lawrence questioned.

Miguel frowned. "N-N-Nothing's wrong. I just thought we were going to the woods for a special training today." Sensei Lawrence looked back at Sensei Kreese in confusion before looking back at his students. "That's happening in the woods?"

"Well, I thought it was a good time to separate the men from the boys. And the girls, too, I suppose." Sensei Kreese spoke. Syd and Tory made slight eye contact, Syd sticking her tongue out at her friend before looking at her Sensei's again. "How?" Sensei Lawrence asked the older Sensei.

Sensei Kreese smiled. "Coyote Creek." Sensei Lawrence sighed, looking at the group for a moment. He obviously knew exactly what Sensei Kreese meant. "I'm not sure they're ready for that."

Everyone looked between each other confused, not understanding what could be so challenging that they wouldn't be ready for it. "There's only one way to find out." Sensei Kreese replied.

"We're ready, Sensei. We wanna prove ourselves." Eli spoke, others lightly agreeing with his statement. Syd nodded as well, watching as Sensei Lawrence just looked between them all. "It's up to Sensei Lawrence. If he says it's okay, then, and only then, is it okay." Sensei Kreese spoke, watching as all eyes moved to Sensei Lawrence.

Sensei Lawrence sighed. "All right, well what are you waiting for? Let's go." Everyone instantly grew excited and began chatting, trying to find their rides to get to Coyote Creek.

Once there, the Sensei's put everyone on one of two teams. Red or black. Syd finished tying Tory's black headband around her head before Tory tied Syds red headband around her head. "I'm sad we're not on the same team. I was hoping for us not to have to fight." Tory admitted. "I agree. I guess the good thing to come out of it is I get another shot at our champ. I wanna kick him into a tree." Syd replied.