006 officially cobra kai.

 ( chapter six )
OFFICIALLY COBRA KAI.

"Hey, Miguel!" Syd spoke upon catching site of the boy about to walk into Cobra Kai

"Hey, Miguel!" Syd spoke upon catching site of the boy about to walk into Cobra Kai. He turned around when hearing her, smiling with a wave as he waited for the girl to jog over to him. "Hey, Syd."

Syd smiled lightly upon reaching him, rolling back and forth from the tips of her toes to the backs of her heels. "Uh, I never got to say thanks for yesterday. You beating up Kyler." Miguel's eyes widened. "Oh, that was nothing it wasn't even really—"

"No, I know you were doing it to stand your ground against him. I'm just saying thanks, in general, for finally getting him to stop. With everyone." Syd cut off. She didn't want him to think that she thought he beat Kyler up for her, she just wanted to make it known that the effects of his choice were positive ones. "Well, I'm happy I could help. Now, you wanna head on in there?" Miguel wondered. Syd smiled. "Oh yeah, so ready to learn how to hit things."

"McKinley, my office." Sensei Lawrence spoke, looking at Syd. She gave Miguel a confused look, something he only returned with his own and a shrug as the girl walked into the man's office. "Is everything all right, Sensei?"

Sensei Lawrence just stared at her for a moment. "You're different than the others, I can tell." Syd looked at him confused, taken aback. "Sorry, what?"

"Why are you here, Ms. McKinley? Mr. Diaz told me how you're one of the most popular girls at your school, and while I want more students like you, I can't help but wonder what you need with karate. I know what the nerds need from it, but you seem to be doing alright for yourself." Sensei Lawrence spoke again. Sydney couldn't really tell what was going on. "Um, I guess I want to defend myself. I don't like being stuck in positions where I have to hope someone is going to come and save me, so I decided to come here to learn how to save myself."

Sensei Lawrence nodded. "Okay, then you'll learn just that." Syd smiled lightly but Sensei Lawrence wasn't finished, "One more question. Do you have any friends who'd want to join? Maybe change up the ratio of cool to nerd?" Syd sucked her lips in awkwardly. "Um, no." Sensei Lawrence sighed. "Damn. Okay, go back out."

Syd did just as told, moving back onto the mat as Miguel looked at her. "What did he want?" Syd chuckled lightly. "He asked about ratios." Miguel just grew more confused. "What?"

"Okay, everybody. Fall in." Sensei Lawrence spoke and everyone settled. The class was a lot smaller and he'd taken notice. "Where is everyone?" He frowned lightly. "Crater face? Nose ring? Slingshot?"

Miguel sighed, lightly turning to Sensei Lawrence. "They quit, Sensei." The older man sighed. "You serious? I mean, good. That was a test. I wanted to see who the quitters are. Not you guys. You're in it to win it, right? You could be at home playing your iComputers, playing your video games, eating candy. Instead, you're here, doing pushups, learning how to fight." He then took notice of Eli, pointing him out. "Lip. Look. Even Lip's tougher than those guys. He's no quitter."