020 the fall.

 ( chapter twenty )
THE FALL.

Syd walked into West Valley High School with Moon on her side

Syd walked into West Valley High School with Moon on her side. The two had decided on Moon staying over at Syds the night before, a tradition they'd had before the first day of school since before Sydney could remember. "I'm so excited, Yasmine is back and everything's gonna be able to finally go back to normal." Moon smiled.

Syd grimaced. She promised Moon she'd give Yasmine another chance, agreeing to not immediately walk away the second Yasmine joined the two. "Yay." Syd replied, making it known she had no real enthusiasm.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun. Yas has told me she's missed you. Things will be better." Moon promised, linking her arm with Syds as the two walked into the school. Syd hadn't spoken to Eli since the party. She just needed a few days to herself, but now that school was back she was actually excited to see him.

"Hey!" Syd turned around to the sound of Miguel, smiling as he ran up to the two girls. "Hey. Where's Tory?" Syd wondered. "Shit, I was actually coming to ask you if you'd heard from her. She hasn't been answering me since the party." Miguel sighed.

"I'm going through a pretty similar thing." Eli spoke, walking up to the group before looking at Syd. "Hey, can we talk?" Syd nodded, quickly facing Miguel again. "I haven't heard from her, but I'm sure she's okay. She'll be here I just know it." She then looked at Moon. "Wait here."

Syd walked off to the side with Eli, watching as the boy looked around with a frown as people laughed as they noticed at him. "Are we okay? I mean— you basically disappeared the last two days and I wanted to see if we were okay after how the party ended."

"I just needed some space from everything. The only person I really spoke to was Moon. But to answer, yes, we're okay." Syd replied, smiling as she watched Eli's mood lighten. "Awesome. Well, I'll see you after class." He quickly kissed her cheek before heading off to find Miguel.

Syd shook her head, laughing a bit, before heading back over to Moon who was now joined by Yasmine. "Hey." Yasmine spoke, awkwardly looking at Syd. "Hi. Welcome back." Syd replied.

"So, uh... that's new I see. Who's he?" Yasmine smiled, questioning what she just saw. "Hawk. He's in Cobra Kai with me." Syd replied. "Well, he's cute. I'm glad he obviously knows what a babe you are with the way he looked at you." Yasmine laughed.

Syd just smiled, Moon linking an arm with Syds before linking the other with Yasmine's. "I'm so excited for this year, you guys. All three of us back together." The two other girls laughed, nodding lightly to each other. Maybe things would be okay.

The three made their way to Yasmine's science class to drop her off before Syd and Moon headed to their math class together. They'd chosen some of the same classes at the end of the year prior, figuring it would be nice to be together for them.