042 guess who's back.

 ( chapter forty two )
GUESS WHO'S BACK.

 ( chapter forty two )GUESS WHO'S BACK

Two more weeks had passed and the day had finally come. Syd stood in the doctor's office with Eli by her side as they took the boot off, allowing the girl to move her ankle around for the first time in a month. She smiled lightly, feeling Eli's hand squeeze her own as she slowly moved her ankle around.

She winced slightly, looking at the doctor nervously. "That tends to happen, nothing to worry about. Your ankle will be a bit tender for the new two weeks while it finishes healing, but we will put a brace that fits in your shoe now as you begin to apply pressure to the foot again. The only thing is you still cannot put any unnecessary strain on your ankle, okay? So no kicking anything and no point shoes." The doctor spoke, noting the last bit especially hard. Syd nodded, she was just happy she could walk again.

"Now, the first few days may be a bit awkward as you figure out what way of walking causes the least pain but as long as you are careful that pain will not lead to anything else." The doctor finished explaining, grabbing the new (much smaller) brace from beside him and fitting it to Syds foot. "You should be good to walk now."

Syd smiled, allowing Eli to lightly help her onto her feet before she placed her bad foot down, finally feeling herself standing on two feet again. It was strange, honestly. She'd gotten pretty used to just not using her foot but now she was back in action. "You two are free to head out whenever you need now. I'll see you again in two weeks." The doctor spoke, leaving the room.

Syd turned to Eli, smiling wide before she carefully jumped up, wrapping her arms around his neck. Eli smiled, holding her close as he spun her around slightly. He was happy to see the newfound joy Syd had again, something he'd been missing from her this past month.

He lightly put her back down, not letting go as he moved his arms off her waist and wrapped one around her shoulders. "So, what are you going to do with your newly returned ability to walk?" Eli wondered, smiling as the two took it slow. He was fine to take it at whatever pace she needed, just happy to see her so happy again.

"Literally anything but stay at home." Syd replied, eager to get back to her regular schedule. Maybe now things could go back to normal.

———————

"When I look around today, I see the future. Now, it's no secret our past has been flawed. Sensei Kreese fell victim to his demons. But John Kreese is not Cobra Kai. We are. We've already shown we're champions. But that championship is merely a springboard to new heights. That's why I've brought in some of the finest Senseis in the Valley. Consider this their job interview. Let's all give it up. Champ is in the house." Sensei Silver spoke, motioning to Tory as she walked in. "She's allowed to be a little late. Today." He continued, the group laughing. "And let's welcome back another one of our fighters who I have no doubt will jump right back into things like she did before." Sensei Silver spoke again, motioning as Syd walked in without her crutches.