013 valley fest.

 ( chapter thirteen )
VALLEY FEST.

Syd found herself at the beach with the rest of Cobra Kai, Moon, and Demetri as they enjoyed a much needed day in the sun

Syd found herself at the beach with the rest of Cobra Kai, Moon, and Demetri as they enjoyed a much needed day in the sun. Or, at least the outdoors as the day had turned out to be pretty cloudy. The girl found herself lying on her new Cobra Kai towel, smirking as she watched Demetri try to serve a volleyball against Eli.

The volleyball was also Cobra Kai, something Syd found comical. She didn't know why Sensei Lawrence was making so many merchandise items, but figured it was worth it as they stared her in the face.

Demetri went to serve, only hitting the ball into the net as Eli sighed, sending the girl a small look as she laughed. "Uh... Mulligan, send it back." Demetri declared, looking at Moon and Bert as they stood off to the side near Syd. "There's no mulligans in volleyball." Eli replied.

"Says you." Demetri scoffed, heading toward his stuff. "Water break." Syd watched as he pulled out Eli's own Cobra Kai towel, wiping his face quickly as two girls walked by. "Cobra Kai? You guys won that karate tournament, right?" One girl asked, both stopping at Demetri as the boy looked at them a bit wide eyed. "Um... The All Valley? The Rumble in Reseda? Yes, uh... We, uh... We certainly did."

"Cool." The girl smiled. "We're gonna go for a swim, but maybe play with you later?" Demetri, now leaning against the volleyball net, sighed. "Pffft... Mos def. Uh, that means "most definitely." The girl just laughed, waving to the boy as she walked off with her friend. Demetri waved back, holding the Cobra Kai towel on his shoulder.

Moon laughed a bit. "Look at you, player." She moved to sit by Syd, basically landing on the other girl as the two laughed. "Yeah, seriously. Getting major street cred over there, Metri." Syd added, smiling from her spot as she lifted her sunglasses.

"It'd be nice if you earned the Cobra Kai cred you're so happy to take. When are you ever gonna sign up?" Eli questioned, annoyed. Syd frowned, rolling her eyes slightly. She didn't know why it bothered him so much, it wasn't like Demetri went around telling people he was in Cobra Kai. He was just enjoying the perks of people assuming it.

Demetri shrugged, laughing slightly as he looked to where the girls had walked off to. "I don't know. I'm kind of enjoying the gain without the pain."

"Hawk." Miguel spoke, slowly walking over to Eli. Syd turned her head to look at the boy, seeing him once again in an obviously bad mood. "Hey, there's the man." Eli replied, moving beside Syd as he and Miguel greeted each other. The girl looked up, not choosing to move as she watched the interaction. "What's up?" Miguel wondered quietly.

Eli, picking up on the same mood Syd did, frowned. "No. No more of this. Look, it's a beautiful day out. The beach is packed with babes. No more sulking about Sam." Miguel shook his head. "I'm not sulking about Sam. It's about Sensei."