039 nothing will ever be the same.

 ( chapter thirty nine )
NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME.

 ( chapter thirty nine )NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME

"Ladies and gentlemen... you've been waiting a long time, but we're finally here. Dojos from all across the Valley have been training for a year for their shot at glory. You ready to meet 'em? You? You? All right. This Sensei and dojo need no introduction. He took the All Valley by storm in 1984 and '85 and quickly became one of the greatest underdogs in the history of the sport. Last year, this dojo came out of nowhere and made it to the finals. They've got some new fighters, and they're ready to show the world that they're the best around. Give it up for Miyagi-Do Karate, led by two-time All Valley champion Daniel LaRusso!" Daryl, the announcer, yelled out.

Syd listened from backstage as Miyagi-Do ran out, adrenaline pumping as she prepared to take the mat. Cobra Kai had been training nonstop with their skills and one on one fights and Syd felt excited to show all that work off. Sensei Silver had continued to train her privately, telling the girl that he thought she had a real chance if she just focused on her training. And that's what Syd planned to do.

"This next dojo took last year's title. But they're under new management. Can they reign supreme once more? And last year's runner-up. He may be wearing a new gi, but one thing's for sure, Robby Keene and his team are ready to strike! Hailing from Reseda, defending champions and still the most badass name for a dojo, here comes Cobra Kai!" Daryl announced, Syd walking out behind Sensei Silver next to Tory as the team made their way to their side next to the mat.

"And finally... this dojo is making their All Valley debut, though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. Every year, a new dojo rises up the ranks. Does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? Please welcome Eagle Fang Karate, led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence and defending champion Miguel Diaz!" Daryl spoke again, Eagle Fang coming out and taking their place.

Syd noticed a new girl on their team, smirking lightly to herself as she realized she's got another easy fight if she's put against the new girl.

"At the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned Grand Champion. Welcome to the 51st annual All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament! It's karate time." Daryl smiled, listening to the cheering applause.

Syd took a seat on the floor as she stretched her torso toward her legs and breathed out, lying down flat over herself. The dojos were given time to warm up and she was going to take it. Today was not the day to consider anyone on the other teams, not even Eli. Today was for her and for the victory she was wanting. Syd knew she needed to focus and take everything her Senseis said and apply it, making sure to keep everything else out of her mind.

"You ready?" Tory wondered, watching as her friend sat back up and stretched more. "Yeah. You?" Syd replied, pulling her leg up by her head as she stayed seated. "Yeah. I have a good feeling about today." Tory nodded. "Me too." Syd agreed, continuing to stretch.