73. Love and Intrigue

Devashree stirred from her slumber and reached out, expecting to find her husband's comforting presence beside her, only to encounter the cool emptiness of the bed.

Frowning, she sat up, her heart fluttering with worry. Where could he be at this hour?

With a quiet resolve, Devashree slipped out of bed, wrapping herself in a shawl against the chill of the night.

She tiptoed out of their chambers, her senses alert as she made her way through the quiet corridors of their palace.

Peering around the bushes in the garden, she spotted Krishna, his silhouette bathed in the ethereal glow of the moon. He seemed lost in thought, his gaze fixed on something in the distance.

Curious, Devashree approached him, her footsteps silent on the dew-kissed grass. "Natha?" she whispered. "What are you doing out here?"

"Shhh," he murmured, a finger pressed to his lips and tilted his head towards the bushes, and Devashree followed his gaze, her eyes widening in surprise as she caught sight of Subhadra and Pratap locked in a tender embrace.

"What are they doing out here at this hour?" Devashree whispered, her voice tinged with concern.

"They have found each other, just as we did," Krishna replied. "Sometimes, love blossoms in the most unexpected places, at the most unexpected times."

Devashree's brow furrowed with worry. "But what if someone sees them out here? What if Baldau finds out ? We don't know how he will react" she whispered anxiously.

Krishna shook his head. "Let them have their moment, Shree. Love knows no boundaries, and sometimes, it is best to let destiny unfold on its own terms."

With a gentle smile, Krishna slipped his arms around Devashree, pulling her close to him as he pressed a tender kiss to the side of her forehead. "Come," he whispered, his voice filled with warmth and affection. "Let's leave them to their moment of bliss and have our own instead."

A gentle breeze blew, causing Devashree's hair to cascade across her face. She laughed softly, trying to tame the unruly strands, but Krishna was quicker.

With a playful glint in his eye, he reached out and gently gathered her hair, deftly tying it into a loose knot his fingers brushing against her neck, sending tingles of delight through her.

"There," he said, stepping back to admire his handiwork. "Perfect."

Devashree laughed. "You missed your calling as a hairdresser, Swami."

He grinned, pulling her into his arms. "I think I much prefer being your husband," he said, his voice filled with warmth and love. "It's a much more rewarding profession."

She nestled against him, her heart full. "And you are very good at it," she whispered.

Krishna pressed a kiss to her forehead, his arms tightening around her. "Only because I have the most wonderful wife," he said softly.

As his fingers moved through, a silken lock which escaped the knot, Krishna's eyes caught a small, delicate mole just behind her ear. "Ah, there it is," he murmured.

"There what is?" Devashree looked at him, her eyebrows raised in curiosity.

Krishna leaned in closer, his breath warm against her skin. "This little mole," he said, his fingers tracing the delicate spot. " Did I ever tell you how captivating this little mark is? It's like a secret treasure, hidden just for me."

She blushed, a shy smile playing on her lips. "You're teasing me, Swami."

"Never, my love. I'm simply admiring the unique beauty that only you possess." He kissed the spot behind her ear, sending shivers down her spine. "I must admit, though, this mole is a bit distracting. It makes me want to kiss you all over."