75. Quest Against Tyranny

Krishna hesitated, his heart aching as he observed Devashree move away from him.

He moved closer, placing his hands gently on Devashree's shoulders and near the base of her neck. He could feel the tension in her body, the muscles knotted and tight. His fingers began to work gently, trying to release some of the strain.

"Shree, what exactly is bothering you?" he asked, his voice soft yet firm. "I've already told Bhrata Yuddhishtir that I will go tomorrow. I need to leave. It can't be postponed."

"Then just go, Krishn! If you have to leave, then just leave. Stop making excuses." Devashree's frustration bubbled over, and she lashed out angrily.

Krishna continued to massage her shoulders, his touch soothing and tender. "Shree, please," he implored softly, his voice gentle but insistent. "Tell me what exactly is bothering you. My leaving alone cannot be the only reason for your distress."

Devashree closed her eyes, trying to calm the turmoil within her. She could feel Krishna's fingers working out the knots in her back.

"I know you're upset, Priye" he continued, his voice a soothing murmur. "But I need to understand what's really troubling you. Please, talk to me."

Devashree shook her head, her eyes filling with tears. "I don't know, Krishn," she said, her voice trembling with emotion.

Krishna sighed, his heart aching for her. He reached out and gently turned her around, tilting her chin up so their eyes met. "Look at me, Priye," he said softly. "You need to tell me what's happening. I can't help you if you don't talk to me."

Devashree's tears spilled over, and she angrily wiped them away. "I don't know what's happening to me!" she cried, her voice rising with frustration. "I feel like I'm going mad. One moment I'm fine, and the next I'm a mess. And now you're leaving, and I don't know how to handle it!"

Krishna took a step back. He recognized the signs-her sudden mood swings, her irrational anger. "Shree," he said gently, "you're not yourself right now. These are just your pregnancy mood swings."

"Don't you dare dismiss my feelings as just mood swings!" Devashree lashed out, her eyes flashing with anger. "You don't understand how I feel. You don't know what it's like.".

"I shouldn't have said that." Krishna cursed himself under his breath. Taking a deep breath, he moved closer to her again, determined to make amends.

"Shree," he said softly, his voice filled with regret. "Forgive me," he whispered. "I didn't mean to dismiss your feelings. I know you're going through something I can't fully understand."

Devashree's tears continued to fall, her anger mingling with sadness. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out, only a choked sob.

Without giving her a chance to push him away, Krishna forcefully yet tenderly pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly against his chest. "Shree, I love you," he murmured into her hair. "I love you more than anything in this world. I hate seeing you like this."

Devashree struggled for a moment, her hands pressing against his chest as if to push him away, but the warmth and sincerity in his embrace broke down her defenses. She collapsed against him, her sobs wracking her body.

"Krishn, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to shout at you..." Devashree's apology came in broken hitches between her lingering sobs, her voice choked with remorse.

He gently shushed her, brushing her tears away with his thumb. "Shh, It's okay," he murmured soothingly. "I understand. I know you didn't mean it."

His embrace was strong yet tender, enveloping her in a sense of security and warmth. He began to sway slowly, guiding her movements with practiced ease.