You make me happy in a way no one else can

'My mother.'

'Mn.'

We left his room with great difficulty because those boys were waiting outside and I was afraid that after opening the door New might instruct them to drag me out from the hospital. But he didn't do anything. I stayed hidden in the corner and New talked to them. He just gave them a side glance and asked them to withdraw. They weren't willing but couldn't do anything about it and reluctantly agreed to go to the lounge and wait there. That way we came to ma's room without a problem.

Ma was still asleep. I asked the attending nurse and she said that to reduce her pain they gave her some sedative. That's why she is sleeping so deeply.

'Why's she here?' New went to stand near the foot of the bed and asked in a hushed tone.

'Ma suffers from headache now and then. Sometimes it's mild and sometimes it becomes severe. This is the second time she has to admitted to a hospital.'

'What the doctor said?'

'Four years ago when she was hospitalized for the first time the doctor said that somehow she was under immense stress. They couldn't find anything else. I don't know why she was stressed but it took time for her to recover fully. This time I don't know what happened. But pa was saying that it's maybe cluster headache. It's genetic.'

'You need to take good care of her. Stop wasting time here and go back. Admit her in a good medical facility and cure her illness.'

'Hey, do you think I am a neglectful son? I've already asked pa to go back to the State with ma and start the treatment. I will visit them from time to time.'

'You are their son. You should be with them all the time. Why would you stay back here?'

'Then come with me.'

'What?'

'I'll leave this place only if you agree to leave with me.'

'Why....why on earth would I leave.....my family is here.....my business is here....what the fuck are you talking about!'

'Are you happy with your present situation?'

'I am.'

'You aren't. You are stressed, tired and unhappy.'

'That doesn't mean I want to run away from here. Stop asking me to run away with you all the time. You are obsessed with running away!'

'Shhh. You will wake her up.'

'Hmph. Where is your phone? Just take the number and let me go from here peacefully. Now I understand why Ma always suffers from headache. It's because of you.'

My heart skipped a bit. He called her "Ma", not "your mother"...I smiled ear to ear.

'What? Something's funny?'

'I am just happy.'

He rolled his eyes and took out his phone.

'Tell your number, I'll give you a missed call.'

I hurriedly gave him my local number and he gave me a call.

Finally!

'Don't change it or block my number. Answer when I call you. If you are busy and couldn't take the call, then call back in your free time. If you ignore my call and I don't hear from you soon I'll go to the office, to the hotel and ask everyone about you.'

'I don't have as much free time as you. Don't expect me to chat with you all the time.'

'Once in a day is enough for me.'