Behind every sweet smile there are bitter sadness

So when those guards stopped in front of a wooden door aunty whispered to me,

'You go ahead.'

'And you?'

'Where's Mae? And that boy...Non?' She raised her voice and asked those guards.

'They are in another room. Do you want to go there?' They were very respectful towards her.

'No. I want to see the arrangements first. This is my son's marriage afterall.....I want everything perfect.' She said in a dignified manner.

'Sure madam. Please come with us....' They hurriedly showed the way.

'Hm. You stay here. I'll be right back.' She gave me a nod and left with the guards.

This proves that she was once a famous actress. Bravo!

I took a deep breath and knocked lightly but no one answered. So I opened the door and went in. This room was also dimly lit with small lanterns but its vastness wasn't covered by these lights.

But there was no one in the room. I wanted to exit immediately but suddenly heard low voices coming from the other side. I went to check that and found a narrow passage. It led me to another room.

'How do I look?'

'Good.'

'Only good? You have no dressing sense.'

'Are you done yet? It's almost time...'

'Don't be so grumpy. In today's play I am the main character. I need to look dashing.'

'Stop fooling around.'

I slightly opened the door and saw two figures talking in front of a long mirror. It's a makeshift changing room.

New and.....Luke.

New was wearing a button-up white shirt, with an extended collar, long sleeves and a red sash. A large rectangular piece of fabric, was wrapping around his waist. In the lower half, he was wearing a pair of traditional loose pants, knee-length socks, and dress shoes.

He was looking like a prince. But in his hand.....a glass full of golden liquor. And there was a half empty bottle on the side table.

He is drinking again...

Luke's face is full of worry and New was...all smile.

'Luke.....' He placed a hand on his shoulder.

'What's the matter?' Luke said without looking directly at him.

'I am eternally grateful to you for these past 10 years. You have not only helped me, you have put up with my various tantrums.' New said sincerely.

'Don't.' Luke shook his head seemingly displeased.

'Let me speak....I may not get another chance later.' But New patted on his shoulder a few times.

Don't act like you are going to.......!

I can't even imagine!

'Nothing will happen to you.' Luke grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

'I know, still.....'

'New......'

'Fine fine, I won't say anything else. Let's talk business then. Tonight I will take the spotlight but your whole attention will be on Mom and Tay, understand?' The softness in his eyes was replaced with authority.

'Yes.'

'Always keep an eye on them. Don't let him do anything stupid.'

'I won't.'