Prisoner of the past (New)

When I was very little I used to think that Mrs Jones was my mother and that orphanage was my home and those boys were my brothers. I was happy that I had so many brothers to play with.

Then when I was five years old one of my brothers became very ill one day. Mrs Jones took him to the hospital and I went with them. That day I got to know that she wasn't our mother and my brothers were really not my brothers. We live in an orphanage and we are unwanted children.....our parents don't love us. I felt very sad that day.

After seeing me like this Mrs Jones told me not to get too sad. She said that one day someone may come looking for me. So I need to behave myself and be a good boy. She was a good person.

She couldn't stay the night at the hospital and asked me to look after that sick boy.

His name was Tay. He was a little devil. Wouldn't take medicines, wouldn't take rest, he even asked me to run away from the hospital with him. I couldn't sleep that night and next day when Mrs Jones came back I told her about his mischiefs. She laughed for some time and told me that he was doing that to grab my attention. Because he wants to be my friend.

So we became friends. Like a little puppy always wanted to follow me. We started our school together but he was a bit older than me so the teacher took him to another class but he started to scream and curse so they put us together in the same class.

We became best friends.

He didn't have many friends in that orphanage. When other boys wanted to play with me he used to get angry and when other boys wanted to play with him he used to get angry too. He was like one master dog.

Because of his nature no one wanted to deal with him and he didn't mind at all. So I was his only friend.

In school, in orphanage we were always together. Eating, sleeping, showering, playing.... doing everything together.

He was happy and I was happy.

We were poor but we were happy.

Then one christmas eve Mrs Jones gathered us and gave out gifts. I got a ring and he got a pendant. Our first personal precious possessions.

Mrs Jones always treated us specially. She never hit us or scolded us. When everybody got punishment we were sent to kitchen duties.

So when we got the news of her death we became devastated. For the first time in our life we cried hard. But that was only the start. Our lives became hell when big brother Haru and his gang came to the orphanage and started to live with us.

Tay as usual wanted to rebel but I didn't encourage him. I was still hung up on Mrs Jones words...

Someday someone will come looking for me.

So I waited patiently despite feeling suffocated every day. I used to firmly believe that I will get adopted some day by some kind person. And I had made plans to take Tay away with me. We will be real brothers and stay together forever.

But for some reasons big brother Haru took an interest in me. He started to call me to his room now and then and I had a bad feeling about it.

Fortunately a few months ago I made a new friend who helped me profusely at that time.

It was Luke.

Whenever big brother wanted to talk to me alone Luke made some excuses and came to see us.

This way many times he saved me from his clutches.

But I didn't tell Tay about this. He was very hot tempered and if he got to know about this he would definitely beat him to death.