To lose you is my worst nightmare

New was immediately sent to an emergency room.

I worriedly kept watch outside of the emergency room. Ma, Pa, Mom, Luke, Mr narawin........they all were there but I was like standing alone on the bank of a cold river, ready to plunge at any moment.

'Luke, tell me! What happened in Krabi?' I stood there motionless and heard their conversation without any interference.

'It was my fault. I was so immersed in confronting the outside enemies that neglect to inquire about the new faces I saw within our guards. I was a fool to trust Mr Srinakarin.....'

'It wasn't only you. He fooled almost everybody.....' Mr Narawin said solemnly.

'Yes, but New saw this anomaly and asked me to investigate. I....I.. assured him that everything is fine. They tampered with our phones and cars.... Non's uncle provided them with many modern equipment like jammer, tracking devices, detonators that could activate via remote control.'

'They tried to kill New? I thought Non loves him!' Mom said with tears in her eyes.

'I think Non's uncle didn't want him to get involved with New. That's why he ordered his men to carry out such a mission where New's death would be purely accidental.'

'Oh God!'

'I already gave the higher ups every document regarding his involvement in this matter and many other information about his illegal activities. They are not going to let him off the hook.' Mr Narawin said.

'And the accident?'

'New was driving to catch a mole but that basterd deliberately led us towards the cliff. It's because they knew this set up would stir New's memory and emotions and he would definitely fumble.'

'Oh!'

'But New didn't fumble......I did.' He lowered his head and wiped his tears.

'When we found out that the brake pads were jammed New asked me to jump.....but my seatbelt got stuck and I couldn't get out. So...... New didn't get out too. And we both got into that accident. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't have to do that.'

When I learned about the actual course of events from Luke's own mouth, I didn't even think and ruthlessly punched him in the face.

He did not resist and took the fist, his entire person falling onto the ground, eyes full of tears.

'Didn't you say that you'll take care of him no matter what? Didn't you say that he needs you to function properly? All this time he trusted you with his life but you neglected his safety by trusting the wrong person!' I glared at him furiously.

He did not say another word before leaning against the wall, motionlessly weeping.

Ma rushed to hold me after I almost got collapsed on the ground.

'But what were you two doing at Rangong?' Mom asked after some time.

'I know New was there to confront Non but why were you there?' Pa looked at me with concern.

'You followed him?'

I did not have the energy to deal with their questions. A continuous fear caused my entire body to shake, as if I was waiting in torment for the Death God's decision.

New..... Newiee.....baby....Don't give up, I am still waiting for you so we can return home together.

After almost two hours of waiting, a doctor walked out from New's emergency room and met our hopeful and expectant gazes, heavily sighing, he said,

'The patient's injuries are very severe, and the chances for recovery are very low. Even if his life is saved, he will only be able to lay on the bed, paralyzed.'