One bottle a day keeps the doctor away

'The car.... it's gone!'

The guard said with a cheerful voice.

'Thank god!' Aunty was relieved.

'They went off the road and hit a tree. I saw it.' Luke was laughing.

'New!' I wasn't listening to anything but trying to pull him to my side. He was unresponsive.

'New!' I grabbed his shoulder and shook hard.

'What's wrong?' Aunty finally noticed the abnormality.

'What? What happened?' Luke turned around.

'New? Open your eyes!' I was patting his body in search of any injury.

'Mn?' He slowly opened his eyes.

'New! Oh thank god!' I started to breathe again.

'Why are you tickling me?' He looked at me in confusion.

'What happened just now? You were unconscious...are you hit somewhere?'

'Mn? Oh no no! I am fine, I am fine...' He slowly sat straight.

'You were unconscious!'

'I am fine. I was just..... feeling tired so I closed my eyes..'

'You were unresponsive!'

'I was just resting. Stop making a fuss.'

I didn't listen to him and after giving a thorough inspection found...nothing. only his bandage was soaked in blood.

'Satisfied? I am really fine.'

No, he wasn't shot....

Oh! It's like I lost one year of my life just now.......

'Our second car is here..' The guard informed us.

'Good. Now let's go to the hospital first.' He said to the driver.

'Hospital! Why? What's wrong with you?' Let me see your wrist.' I immediately got suspicious.

'Nothing! I am okay but you need to go see a doctor and treat your rashes.'

Oh.

'Mom, are you alright?'

'I am fine.'

'Mn. Can you please call and ask Dr Pomsak to be available? We will reach soon.'

'Okay. I am going to call him right now.'
Aunty took out her phone.

'Luke, call Phuong and ask him to arrange an accommodation for us. We can't go back to Skyline for now. And I am not letting mom stay at the villa alone.'

'Okay.'

After giving a few more instructions he closed his eyes and leaned back to the seat.

'I know you are not alright.' I whispered.

'I am totally fine but something is definitely wrong with you. Now tell me why were you sweating? Do you have a fever?'

'No.'

'I don't believe you, let me check.' He wanted to check my forehead but didn't let him.

'I don't have a fever. But don't touch me right now, I am drenched in sweat.'

'Sweat is not good for rashes.'

'Mn. I was really stressed....'

'But you did a great job.' He wanted to pat my thigh but accidentally patted my hand.

I winced.

'Why are you making that face? What's wrong with your hand?' He grabbed my arm and started to inspect.