Grow through what you go through

'Are we there yet?'

'Not yet.' Luke was driving today. Phuong was sitting in the passenger seat and I was in the back.

After five minutes I asked again..

'Are we there yet?'

'No young master....'

After another five minutes I asked.....

'Are we there yet?'

'Are you new to Bangkok? Don't you know how long it takes to reach the office from the hospital?' Luke slammed on the brake hard due to a traffic stop.

'Just asking. No need to get hyper....'

'It's gonna take another fifteen minutes to reach there.' Phuong was kind enough to inform me.

'Okay.'

Suddenly his phone rang.

'Young master.....Tay's calling.'

'What are you waiting for! Take the call. And don't tell me where we are.'

'Hello Tay?'

The phone wasn't on speaker but because of the proximity I could hear everything he was saying.

'How is he?'

'Young master is sleeping.'

'What! Why? What's wrong?'

'No no. Nothing's wrong. The doctor said he needs to rest as much as possible.'

'Oh. Everything else is fine right? Nothing to worry about, right?'

'Yes. Everything is fine.'

'Okay. If Mom asked tell her that I am busy with some work.'

'I'll. But Tay.....what if the young master asked about you...' Phuong glanced at me.

'Did he ask about me earlier?'

'Um....I wasn't there at that time....so I don't know.'

'Okay.'

'Aren't you coming to the hospital?'

'Maybe later. Keep me informed about the situation.'

'Sure.'

After he cut the call I said,

'He was talking normally. I don't think he is angry.'

'He is not angry with Phuong. Then why would he talk to him badly?' Luke interfered.

'Eyes on the road. I wasn't talking to you.' I retorted.

'I've never had an accident....'

'Good for you. But I have and didn't like the process....'

'When he was a teenager he was very polite....and cute.... Remember Phuong? Unfortunately he has changed so much.....' Luke was behaving like I wasn't there.

'When you were a teenager you were....same as now. Why didn't you change a bit Luke?' I was ready to throw punches.

Phuong sighed loudly.

'What? Are you talking to me now?' Luke asked.

'In the past ten years you were like a kitten and now suddenly you want to be a porcupine! Do you have a death wish?'He was constantly irritating me.

'We are here.' Phuong pointed at the office building with relief evident in his voice.

Oh fifteen minutes up!

When we stepped into the private elevator, reserved only for VIPs, my heart was in my mouth. I was keeping myself busy with bantering but now it's time to face Tay.