Crystal Shrimp Dumplings and Sauce

The cooks followed the recipe that the eldest girl had taught them before and peeled the fresh shrimps that Gu Jingyu had sent. Since they were live shrimps, the shrimp threads on their backs were very easy to handle and they were easily removed with a bamboo stick. Then the processed shrimps were washed, chopped into small pieces, and mixed with tender bamboo shoots, pork and seasonings to make the filling.

  Then add the cooked lard prepared in advance and mix it. Add appropriate amount of boiling water and knead it into dough. Roll the dough into strips, divide it into small pieces, roll them into even-sized dough sheets, and wrap the fillings.

  The crystal shrimp dumplings are ready.

  Just put the wrapped shrimp dumplings into the steamer and steam them over high heat for about 8 minutes until they are cooked.

  The freshly baked crystal shrimp dumplings are so fragrant and delicious that you can’t wait to swallow them.

  The cooks did not steam the dumplings, but put the prepared crystal shrimp dumplings into food boxes and waited eagerly for the eldest girl to arrive.

  As soon as Jiang Chuchu stepped into the kitchen, this was the scene she saw. A group of people were looking out the door eagerly, and when they saw her coming, they immediately came up to greet her warmly.

  "Hello, young lady. You actually came in person." The fat aunt saluted. When the young lady nodded, she knew that she was exempt from the formality. She stood up skillfully, pushed away the people around her, looked at the young lady flatteringly, and flattered her loudly.

  "My dear young lady, you really have a kind heart. Xiaohua has been repeating to thank you for the past two days."

  "Where's Xiaohua? Go and call her."

  "The crystal shrimp dumplings you requested are ready..."

  When the little girl next to her heard this, she ran to get the food box containing shrimp dumplings.

  The fat aunt was looking for someone in a hurry. After searching around, she found a little girl behind the stove. She poked her head out. Her hair was sparse and dry, which was obviously caused by long-term malnutrition.

  Xiaohua was a little beggar that Jiang Chuchu picked up when she went out shopping a few days ago. She was beaten half to death that day, and her thin and weak body seemed like it would fall down if a gust of wind blew.

  Jiang Chuchu asked Luzhu to bring her a bowl of porridge and two steamed buns.

  The little girl stuffed the steamed bun into her arms and gobbled the porridge like a hungry wolf.

  Unexpectedly, after the little girl ate the porridge, she became dependent on her and kept following her.

  She sent someone to question her and found out that the girl was mute and could not speak.

  She was an orphan girl who couldn't speak, but he could afford to support her, so he brought her back home.

  Because they didn't know the details, they placed the girl in the outer courtyard to do odd jobs.

  But the little girl was independent-minded. She didn't know what method she used, but she found someone to write a contract for selling her body, and when she had the chance, she gave it to Yiyun.

  She turned around and used the money she earned from selling her body to go into the kitchen.

  Yiyun observed for a few days and found nothing unusual. He reported to the girl and kept her in the mansion.