Wasteland

Jiang Chuchu nodded, then got up and went to find her eldest brother.

  Jiang Shian had just finished his work and wanted to find Jiang Chuchu to discuss the grain seeds issue, but the two bumped into each other halfway.

  "Where are you going, brother?" Jiang Chuchu asked.

  "I was just about to look for you. Come with me."

  Seeing this, Jiang Shian took Jiang Chuchu directly to the study. He placed the wheat seeds that Jiang Chuchu had mailed before in the study.

  Jiang Shian took out the key, opened the wooden box, took out the grain seeds inside and placed them on the table.

  "How much grain of this quality do you have?"

  If you want, the system can provide it continuously. Jiang Chuchu did not answer, but asked about the situation of the cultivated land instead.

  Jiang Shian knew all these situations in his mind, and he didn't even need to take the files, he just blurted them out.

  Qingshi County was indeed as barren as Jiang Chuchu had expected. Most of the land was lower-middle quality, followed by lower-quality and upper-quality land. Each household had less than 3 mu of land.

  As for wasteland, there are even more of them, and the county government is too lazy to keep track of them.

  Jiang Chuchu nodded and asked about the crops again.

  The varieties of crops here are very simple. The main staple food is wheat, followed by sorghum. The animals raised are pigs, chickens, and sheep.

  Due to geological problems, wheat seeds are not of good quality, resulting in a very low yield per mu. Even if it is fertile and high-quality land, one can only harvest about 160 kilograms if one takes good care of it all year round.

  Jiang Chuchu told Jiang Shian the characteristics of two-season wheat and winter wheat respectively, and also introduced potatoes separately, saying that it is best to plant them in February or March next year.

  Potatoes are a new variety for them and their acceptance rate is relatively low, so Jiang Chuchu prepared to give his brother a vaccination in advance.

  Seeing that Jiang Shian was more concerned about winter wheat, Jiang Chuchu took the initiative to say, "Why don't we hire someone to plant the wheat first?"

  In this way, people would not starve to death in winter. However, she had just arrived and had no arable land, so she could only plant crops on the land owned by Jiang Shian and his wife.

  Jiang Shian nodded and let Jiang Chuchu do whatever she wanted. However, the couple didn't have much land under their name, so they couldn't grow much. So he hesitated and said, "We can't grow much either, why not give it to the people?"

  These grain seeds all belonged to his sister. He almost took all of them as soon as he asked for them, and he felt a little embarrassed.

  Jiang Chuchu agreed that as a local official, it was her brother's duty to always care about his people.

  The arable land given by her brother and sister-in-law was enough to feed the people she brought with her. At worst, they could just wait until spring and reclaim the land.

  There are towns under Qingshi County, and under the towns there are villages. The grain is then distributed to each household from the villages. Even if all the grain she brought was distributed, it would not be enough. Moreover, the villagers have never grown winter wheat and probably have no experience.