Confession

"Oh, my dear granddaughter."

  Old Madam Gu took the child and hurriedly invited everyone into the house, "Come on, come on, come in, you must have had a hard time coming here." She turned her head and looked at Jiang Chuchu.

  "It's not hard. A Yu takes good care of us." Jiang Chuchu bowed, followed Gu Jingyu, and responded obediently.

  Several people talked about what happened recently. Jiang Chuchu and Zheng were both good at talking. Together with Ah Zhu, the only grandchild of the Gu family, they made old lady Gu smile from ear to ear.

  In Mrs. Gu's view, her family was reunited only after the two daughters-in-law were brought over.

  They waited until midnight, but General Gu still didn't come back. Madam Gu had no choice but to give up and let her two sons and daughters-in-law go to rest.

  Jiang Chuchu lay in Gu Jingyu's arms and reached out to touch the scar on his body.

  These are all new injuries.

  The fingertips rubbed the scar slowly, "Does it hurt?"

  Her voice revealed endless heartache.

  Gu Jingyu moved his body uncomfortably, trying to cover the scars on his body, but unfortunately there were too many scars, making it impossible for him to cover them.

  "It doesn't hurt, just a little scrape, it will heal soon."

  After a long time, he heard soft sobbing coming from beneath him.

  Gu Jingyu felt a lump in his throat and moved down to see her face clearly in the candlelight.

  There were crystal clear tears on the palm-sized face, making her look so pitiful.

  "You're lying." Jiang Chuchu retorted.

  The scar on his chest was so long, and when he was cleaning it, the injury must have been extremely serious, but she had no idea.

  Gu Jingyu looked down, swallowed unconsciously, and his Adam's apple rolled.

  Thinking that she must be very tired from traveling recently, he held back and leaned over to kiss her forehead.

  "Gu Jingyu, let's never separate, okay?"

  "good."

  He answered in a low voice, stroked her head rhythmically, and patiently coaxed her to sleep.

  Sure enough, both of them got up late the next day, and Jiang Chuchu was a little anxious.

  Every time she was with Gu Jingyu, she felt very safe and her sleep quality was particularly good.

  "It's okay, my brother and sister-in-law haven't gotten up yet."

  Jiang Chuchu finally felt relieved knowing that she had someone to keep her company.

  After I finished washing up with Kana's help, I saw Gu Jingyu, who had just gone out, coming back.

  He was holding breakfast for two people in his hands.

  Jiang Chuchu couldn't help but laugh, "Why did you go to get food yourself? If people knew that a great general actually got food for his wife, I wonder how they would laugh at you."

  "It's my honor." Gu Jingyu liked to see her smile the most, pure and bright, like the snow lotus growing freely on the top of the snowy mountain. "I want to cook for you for the rest of my life, no, forever and ever."