Ancient People Also Played Romance

When the servants of the Gu Mansion saw the visiting card, they knew that the future master of the mansion had arrived, and they opened the main door to welcome the guest in an orderly manner.

  "Oh."

  The carriage driver stopped the carriage, and with a slight bump, Jiang Chuchu's consciousness also withdrew from the system.

  She had just harvested wheat and rice, and reclaimed a piece of land to raise ducks. Looking at the warehouse full of harvest, she was filled with joy.

  Thinking of the conversation with my mother last night, I lowered my head and listened again.

  The mistress of the Jiang family, Jiang Chuchu's mother, was the most observant person. She believed that women should not show their faces in public and should stay at home to take care of their husbands and children. She took good care of her husband's backyard and thought that her daughter was "not doing her job properly" because she spent all day studying food and did not like housework.

  Jiang's mother believed that one must know how to cook and be proficient in needlework, otherwise people would look down on her. However, seeing that her daughter really liked it, she turned a blind eye and let her do what she wanted.

  But she wanted to go out to do business, but there was no way!

  So no matter how Jiang Chuchu acted coquettishly, she just refused to give in.

  She was not allowed to give her a few plots of farmland or a small shop. She was not allowed to even let her brother set up a stall on the street to sell the food she had researched.

  Thinking of her mother's rejection again last night, Jiang Chuchu completely wilted.

  Gu Jingyu couldn't wait to come out to greet her, but what he saw was Jiang Chuchu looking listless.

  Thinking someone had bullied her, he got angry and said, "Who is the blind person who offended Ah Chu?"

  Yiyun was startled by Gu Jingyu's eyes and said hurriedly, "The girl has always wanted a piece of land to grow some fruits and vegetables, but the mistress refused again last night."

  That's right! Jiang Chuchu has always wanted a piece of land of her own to grow some food for experiments, and she gave her mother an excuse to grow some fruits and vegetables.

  After she came of age at the age of 16, she followed her mother to learn how to manage the household, but her mother only let her learn from the side and didn't let her do anything. Seeing the gloomy report from the village head, saying that God didn't give them food to eat, the grain fields had a bad harvest, and the tenant farmers had a hard life, Jiang's mother didn't say anything, but secretly sent someone to inquire about it. When she saw that it was true, she asked someone to change the rent.

  In the past, the system was 50-50, meaning the tenant farmer took 50% and handed over 50%. Until a few years ago, it was changed to Panax notoginseng flour, meaning the tenant farmer could keep 70% of the food and hand over 30%.

  Now, the harvested grain is less, and the grain used for brewing is not enough, but the mansion relies on the winery to support such a large mansion. There is no other way, buy grain, but once the cost increases, the profit will be even less.

  But there have to be social engagements in the mansion. Today this gentleman is celebrating his birthday, tomorrow that good friend's son is getting married, and all of this requires money.

  Seeing that Jiang's father didn't care at all, Jiang's mother was so worried that her hair turned a few white.

  *