Winter Is Coming

As soon as the planting of winter wheat and the construction of the farm began, Yivian became busy again, working together with Qi Shida to handle affairs.

  On the day when winter wheat was planted, many nearby villagers went to see. Jiang Chuchu did not let anyone stop them and allowed them to ask questions.

  The more people asked and the more discussions there were, the more accepting she would be when she came up with new ideas later.

  The lambs and calves can be collected now and raised on the pasture so that they can be used directly in the spring of next year.

  The oxen they used to plow the land this time were all borrowed by Jiang Shi'an, and the price was the pastry recipe provided by Jiang Chuchu.

  Pearl Jade Rice Balls, Pork Skin Cake, Lotus Leaf Soup, Green Plum Soup, Cymbopogon Drink, Gula Chi, Bamboo Rhythm Dew, etc.

  Jiang Shian had to borrow this money from the local tyrants and landlords in Qingshi County door to door. There was no other way. Relying solely on manpower would be a waste of time.

  What they lack is time.

  Jiang Shian sighed. The temperature this year was lower than usual, which made him a little nervous.

  *

  Winter came quietly, and the grain and fodder from the capital were delivered under the escort of Ji Tong, along with a strong man with a dark face.

  This person must be the boss of Weiyuan Escort Agency mentioned in Ji Tong’s letter.

  Jiang Chuchu looked carefully. This was the escort agency they hired last time, but they didn't see the boss at that time. He was muscular and very big, and seemed a little out of place compared with the onlookers from Qingshi County.

  "Let someone put the grain into the granary." Jiang Chuchu touched the hot water bottle in her hand and said, "Notify everyone that the grain store will open tomorrow."

  The grain stores were prepared in advance. There were two in total. Considering the people around, one store was opened in the south and one in the north. The prices were also set long ago.

  After hearing the instructions, Yiyun turned around to arrange people to make preparations and also to notify the surrounding people. People in the county were fine, but people in the town needed to be notified by sending people, and then the town would notify the village.

  It is just the beginning of winter, and the weather is as bitterly cold as in deep winter, causing panic among many people, who have taken out the few copper coins they have at home to buy food.

People in the county live a better life, with some snack stalls still open, but the town is very deserted, not to mention the countryside.

  "The winter here is extremely cold. I'd like to trouble Captain Li to make another trip. I'll pay you according to the usual rules. Is that okay with you?"

  Li Biaotou thought that winter was coming and it was a good time for his brothers to take a break, but he didn't expect to take on another mission and felt a little hesitant.

  The Gu family was generous with their money, but they couldn't earn that much from their normal escort work. Only by taking on some dangerous jobs could they get more money, but that also meant losing the lives of many brothers.

  Li Biaotou gritted his teeth and decided to take it. It would just be a bigger business and more troublesome. They were all worthless things, so there was no risk.