Life Is Always Difficult

The brown rice was obtained by her mother by exchanging the wheat she received from others. One bushel of wheat could be exchanged for three bushels of brown rice, which was enough for them to eat for a while.

  However, brown rice is too hard, and my sister is small and her stomach can’t handle it, so I have to cook it a little longer.

  After the brown rice porridge was cooked, he served it to his brothers and sisters and Li's mother, shared the meat with them, and went back to the room to lie down and rest.

  "Brother, don't you want to eat?"

  Li San grabbed his brother's hand and asked questioningly.

  "I've eaten outside. I'm not hungry. You can eat."

  "Then brother, have a piece of meat. It's delicious."

  As he said this, he handed over his own meat. Seeing this, the other children also gave their second brother some meat.

  Li Er's voice was choked with sobs. "I won't eat. You guys eat. I'll be at work tomorrow and I'll be able to eat a lot."

  Not wanting his mother to notice, he ran away.

  Mother Li lowered her eyes and said nothing.

  The next morning, Li Er got up early and prepared to go to work, but unexpectedly he woke up his mother.

"Put this on."

  She handed over a new cotton-padded jacket. Looking at the worn-out cotton-padded jacket on Li's mother, Li Er shook his head and said, "No, it's all dirty from work. Wear it yourself."

  "You are the only one in the family who can work, put it on quickly, otherwise you will catch a cold."

  "It's better for mom to wear it. I don't feel cold at all when I'm working."

  No one would believe this, not even Li's mother, who said to Li Er forcefully, "I'm not cold at home, but you're working outside, so you need to dress warmly."

  Seeing him lower his head and keep silent, Li's mother spoke with difficulty: "Don't buy meat this time, exchange it for some food."

  Li Er nodded and said nothing.

  "Go ahead, just listen to what they say, don't go against them."

  Although her second son had become more sensible than before, she still gave him repeated instructions out of concern.

  When the eldest son was alive, the second son followed him around every day, acting lawless and like a little devil.

  He hasn't smiled once since his eldest son passed away...

  So what if she saw it? Before life becomes stable, all human feelings and emotions are superfluous in the face of life.

  *

  Jiang Chuchu recalled the small rivers around her, picking and choosing in the space, and throwing a lot of small fish, shrimps, crabs, and loaches into them.

  These are small rivers and not deep. She invested these mainly to provide food for the people. Anyone with the ability and patience can go and catch them. These are ownerless.

  She would throw large fish, shrimps and crabs into the lake next to her farm.

  Let the employees catch the fish and sell them in the store. The price is cheap and basically everyone can afford it, of course, except for the penniless refugees.