Baked Sweet Potatoes

"Brother Li, how long will it take to get to the next village?"

  "The villages behind are quite far away. It will take two hours."

  The servant felt relieved, thinking that two hours was enough for the master to have a good rest.

  *

  Jiang Chuchu looked at the people pouring into the grain store, and only then did she feel relieved.

  It seems that his brother has done a good job in publicity. The people have a good acceptance and are willing to grow the newly introduced crops.

  Seeing that the grain store still had enough stock, Jiang Chuchu did not restock.

  There were many people working on the wasteland she reclaimed.

  Most of them are refugees without land. Although they have settled here, it is not for long and they have very little land to cultivate.

  Unlike Jiang Chuchu, they do not have countless oxen to use, so they can only rely on their own hands to open up the land.

  If Jiang Chuchu hadn't lent them the oxen in exchange for their labor, they probably wouldn't have been able to cultivate even one acre of land.

  Jiang Chuchu entered the space with her consciousness and collected the corn that had just matured.

  She specializes in separating corn kernels, stalks, and corn cobs.

  Corn kernels are used as seeds, while the stalks and corn cobs can be used for burning and making fertilizer.

  In order to meet the needs of so many people, the space farmland never stops for a moment and begins planting in rotation.

  Jiang Chuchu is under a lot of pressure this year as she needs to supply Gu's army of more than 200,000 men.

  There was no way out. The Tartars on the defense line took advantage of the civil strife and were very restless. All the energy of the Gu family army was used to fight the enemy, and there was no way to distract people to manage the planting matters.

  We have recruited new people this year and they need to be trained. Before training, we need to get them in good health.

  All the sheep from Jiang Chuchu's farm were sent over before the New Year, so that the soldiers at the border could have a good year.

Now, four months later, the farm has doubled in size again.

  The people of Qingshi County have no money and cannot consume large amounts of supplies, so they can only transport them outside to sell.

  Jiang Chuchu decided to open a processing plant, transport the processed goods to other places for sale, and use the money earned to pay employees' salaries so that the people could make money. Only when the people have money will they consume.

  Only with this cycle can Qingshi County's economy and development flow.

  Only when the local people become wealthy can they attract more and bigger merchants.

  Jiang Chuchu stood up and stretched her body. The temperature was now 11 degrees, so she had taken off her heavy coat.

  "Ma'am, the baked sweet potatoes are here."

  Kana brought a plate of hot roasted sweet potatoes, all of which were roasted over charcoal. The skin of the sweet potatoes was so thin that you could just poke it lightly with chopsticks.