16 Babies

In just over a month, the cannery and cellar were completed.

  The entire cannery was pitch black, and without any decoration, it looked gloomy and somewhat deserted.

  The fruit trees she planted did not bear any fruit, and the warehouse only contained hawthorns collected from the people and white sugar produced by the sugar factory.

  "Let's produce canned hawthorn first." Jiang Chuchu handed the formula of canned hawthorn to Qi Shida and told him, "Produce a small amount to test the waters first."

  Seeing Qi Shida nod, Jiang Chuchu said, "It will be hard for you to manage the shop and promote the canned goods."

  "It's not hard, it's not hard." Qi Shida denied it again and again. It was because his wife trusted him that she gave this matter to him. His father also told him many times to do a good job, so he would naturally put in his best effort.

  All things are difficult at the beginning, especially when you have no experience and have to start mass production from scratch. After repeated rectification, the workers in the cannery finally successfully produced a batch of qualified cans.

  Everyone felt sorry for the failed hawthorns and wasted sugar, because they usually wouldn't buy sugar!

  Seeing this, Qi Shida ordered people to collect the failed cans and distribute them equally among everyone, then began to read out the factory rules.

  "Today is the first day of work, and there is no target. Now that everyone has mastered it today, there must be a target in the future. The target for the first month is that the scrap rate cannot exceed 10%. If this target can be achieved, each person will be rewarded with half a pound of pork and 200 copper coins."

  This is also to prevent people from wasting food, so they deliberately make the cans bad.

  "Half a pound of pork and 200 coins left???"

  "Is there such a good thing? I am not dreaming, please pinch me."

  The first person who saw this request pinched him hard.

  "Ouch, it hurts, it really hurts." The person being pinched jumped up in pain and said excitedly.

  "Madam is so kind, we must not let her down." Someone said.

  "That's right, we will definitely do a good job."

  Everyone agreed. Qi Shida glanced at the person who said this and memorized his appearance.

  Qi Shida has never been one to like long speeches. After motivating everyone, he didn't say much. He just asked everyone to clean up and go back home, and they had to come to work early tomorrow.

  The sun gradually sets, and the summer heat disappears completely. The coolness unique to the autumn breeze lingers in the yard, and it feels very comfortable when it blows on people.

  Jiang Chuchu had no time to enjoy the gentle autumn breeze. She was listening to Yuan Yizi's report on the pig farm with a sad face.

  The pig farm is now self-sufficient, and they have kept a lot of sows specifically for giving birth to piglets.

  The sows produced by Space have a strong reproductive capacity and can give birth to sixteen or seventeen piglets in a litter. This number caught everyone off guard.

  They calculated the number of piglets born by sows in this dynasty. In this era, sows could give birth to seven or eight piglets in a litter if they were not starving. Yuan Yizhi kept the breed according to this number, but he did not expect that these sows were so powerful that they could give birth to sixteen or seventeen piglets in a litter. This resulted in the pig kennel being insufficient and needed to be expanded, or even doubled to accommodate it.