Cannery And Sugar Mill

Even though she was going to Qingshi County, Jiang Chuchu did not stop opening a factory.

  The fruit trees on the hillside have been successfully transplanted. Based on observation over the past two days, the fruit trees have adapted well and there is no need to worry about replacement seedlings.

  The Gu family's farms were scattered in several places, and it was impossible to build a cannery in each place. Jiang Chuchu thought about it and chose a central location, and asked people to buy stones, tiles, wood, etc., to prepare to build a cannery.

  Through an introduction, I found a professional in charge of house construction and gave him full authority. I would go to check on the progress every three to five days.

Qi Shida was also called back by her and was responsible for purchasing the things needed to open the canning factory, such as peelers, clay pots, bamboo cages, racks and other materials, all of which needed to be prepared in advance.

  Qi Shida received the money and worked tirelessly, finally ordering all the things he needed and agreeing to complete the transaction in a month.

  Because bamboo cages and bamboo baskets are all handmade, he went to many shops but couldn't get them all. He could only pay a deposit and negotiate a delivery date. In order not to delay his wife's use of the goods, he kept a close eye on them every day and did not allow any mistakes.

  The construction of a cannery takes a long time. Most of the workers were hired by Jiang Chuchu from outside. They were given two meals a day, each with meat, and enough rice and flour. As long as there was no waste, they could build as much as they wanted. Most importantly, they also got copper coins.

  This is a good job for many people who are like floating duckweed.

  Many families are beaming with joy these days, and the women have more smiles on their faces. Although their men do the hardest work, they are paid well!

  They can eat their fill every day, and there are delicious fish and meat, which makes people drool. Everyone hopes that the Gu family will recruit workers every day, as life will surely be wonderful then.

  The slightly wealthy families in the capital scoffed at this. They didn't say anything openly, but privately they all thought that the Gu family was being hypocritical and didn't know how to spend their money.

  Jiang Chuchu didn't know what they were thinking. She only knew that if they were not full, they would not have the strength to work. If she wanted people to work hard, she had to give them benefits and keep them in good health so that she could recruit more people in the future.

  She felt that the work these people did was worth the money and there was no need to exploit them.

  The canning factory was being built in full swing, and Jiang Chuchu's small sugar factory also began production.

  Over the past few months, the disabled veterans have worked on the farm, not only able to support themselves but also save a lot of money.

  Although their family background was not as good as those of the residents in the capital, they were much better off than those living in the poor alleys. Once their living standards improved, many matchmakers started to keep an eye on them and helped bring many of them together.

  Those who are willing to live with them are all daughters of poor families. These girls have been working since they could walk, getting up early and going to bed late, and are good at both home and outside. When they reach the age of the family, their parents see that these people give such high gifts and have decent jobs, and the money is enough to support the family, so even if they are disabled, they are still willing to marry their daughters.