Spicy Crayfish

Qingshi County is located in the north of the capital. Most northerners are honest and kind, and seldom gather to cause trouble. Most minor matters are handled by their subordinates, so Jiang Shian, the county magistrate, has a very leisurely life.

  He unfolded the letter from his sister and read the beginning. His first reaction was nonsense!

  Instead of being a good wife in the capital, she came to farm in this remote place. Jiang Shian wanted to pry open his sister's head to see if it was filled with paste!

  Jiang Shian's wife Xu Yueqin saw this and interrupted, "What else did my sister say?" Then she moved closer to the table.

  Jiang Shian could only accept his fate and continue watching. The more he read, the more solemn his expression became.

  The letter said that her sister had discovered a high-yield grain, and after experiments, it had been confirmed that it was indeed high-yielding. She also handed over half of the seeds to the court. Thinking that the people here were having a hard time, she wanted to bring people here to promote it. Along with the letter, there were also grain seeds. If her brother didn't believe it, he could take a look for himself. She believed that as a county magistrate, her brother often went to persuade farmers to grow crops, and he would definitely be able to tell the difference between good and bad seeds.

  Jiang Shian quickly put down the letter and opened the bundle to check the grain.

  Putting the pork cubes and other items in the bundle aside, he solemnly took out a small wooden box and placed it on the table.

  This should be the grain.

  I carefully opened the lid and stirred it with my fingers, and found that every grain seed was unusually plump, without a single shriveled seed.

  Jiang Shian's breathing became heavier. He had been working here for two years and felt deeply the poverty here. It was completely incomparable to the capital.

The grain production here was very low, and every household could not get enough to eat. The better-off families could only eat until they were 80% full on weekdays, while the poorer people had to eat bran for 8 months out of 12 months. Even so, they could only barely maintain the situation after he waived all the taxes that could be waived.

  The people under his rule were too poor, and Jiang Shian was very worried that one day the people under his rule would suddenly die.

  In the past two years, he has used all his skills to maintain this shaky little county, bringing in merchants and encouraging the people to open up wasteland. He has been busy all year round, but the results are not satisfactory.

  The reason is that this place is too poor! It is so poor that merchants can't make any money here. But they are not fools and they are unwilling to come here again.

  Jiang Shian's expression improved only after he saw the end.

  My brother-in-law was sent to the northwest, which is too far away from the capital. It is understandable that my sister misses him and wants to be closer to him.

  If we go to his place, the distance can be shortened by two thirds. With his protection, it is always safer than the chaotic northwest.

  Someone suddenly tugged at his sleeve. Jiang Shian lowered his head and started glaring at his son.

  The little guy is only five years old this year. He said fiercely, "Mom said that my aunt is coming. Is it true?"

  Although he didn't know what his aunt looked like, his father often mentioned her to his mother, saying how sensible and beautiful she was. He had long wanted to meet this aunt.