Gold Ingot

Thanks to Shan Wanyong's help, the training of the caravan guards organized by Jiang Chuchu quickly got on track.

  Jiang Chuchu didn't know how to train soldiers, so she didn't participate. After warning Shan Wanyong that human life was the most important thing, she let go and became a hands-off manager.

  Now that Qingshi County has people and food, the planting of apple trees in Nanshan should also be put on the agenda.

  After getting a lot of apple branches out of the space, Jiang Chuchu began to plant trees sparsely.

  There was no other way. There was no way out of the city right now, so it was not easy to directly take out the saplings in the space. She could only get some branches and exchange them with the apple branches she had someone prepare some time ago.
Apple trees planted from branches will bear fruit a year later than directly planted seedlings.

  If you want to eat apples from these apple trees, you have to wait until next autumn.

  She also had someone sow some soybean seeds under the apple tree.

  *

  Luzhu reluctantly brought out a wooden box. It was square and had delicate patterns carved on it. Judging from the way Luzhu held it, the wooden box seemed very heavy.

  She had only taken two steps when she began to stagger. Clever Kana quickly went to help her hold the other side of the box.

  The two men staggered and carried the wooden box to the table in front of the window.

  "Girl, this is our last savings."

  Jiang Chuchu nodded. In order to restore Qingshi County's economy as soon as possible, she implemented a monthly salary system during this spring planting season.

  The wages were changed from grain, pork, etc. to real copper coins.

  After a winter of rest and recuperation, the people and disaster victims of Qingshi County had stored up a lot of food.

  People need more than just food. For example, iron pots for cooking, clothes for wearing, bowls for eating, etc. all require money to buy.

  They had no money, so they could only barter and exchange food for goods.

  Even if the merchants agree, it still depends on whether they need this thing and whether the people have what the merchants need.

  The process is cumbersome and the transaction success rate is extremely low.

  Now it has been a month since the spring planting, and tomorrow is payday. There is not enough money in the account, so Jiang Chuchu can only pay from her private treasury.

  "Open it,"

  Jiang Chuchu ordered, and Luzhu reluctantly took out the key, twisted it left and right, and with a click, the silver and money box was opened.

  The gold ingots, shining brightly in the sunlight, were instantly revealed.

  “Wow!”

  "Oh my god, it's beautiful."

  Kana and Ji Lihe exclaimed.

  Yiyun reached out and picked up a gold ingot, shook it, and said, "I estimate it weighs 10 taels."

  “It feels very accurate.”

  Jiang Chuchu praised, this layer was full of gold ingots, and she quickly took 10 rows, 20 in each row.