Escort Agency

Qingshi County was peaceful and tranquil, and Jiang Chuchu and the others were living a peaceful life.

  Unexpectedly, a piece of news broke the warm scene.

  Jiang Chuchu was a little stunned, with a look of disbelief on her face. After a while, she asked seriously, "Are the casualties serious?"

  Ji Tong, who was kneeling down, looked haggard, and it was obvious that he had suffered a lot. "Nine brothers were injured and sent to the hospital."

  These 9 people were only from the Gu Mansion. They were all slightly injured and no one died, which made Jiang Chuchu breathe a sigh of relief.

  The ones who robbed them were a group of refugees. They were all starving and had little fighting power. However, there were too many of them and many of them were injured during the fight.

  This does not include the escort agents of the escort agency.

  Ji Tong was extremely grateful for his master's decision to be willing to pay to hire a bodyguard. He thought it was a bit of a waste at first, but now he realized it was a bit embarrassing.

  Along the way, it was thanks to the people from the escort agency that he was able to keep his things and successfully complete his master's orders.

  Jiang Chuchu was a little worried. She really didn't expect that the world would become chaotic so quickly. Even the people who could endure hardship and oppression the most began to rebel.

  Gu Jingyu was fighting against the Tartars at the border, so she couldn't let Qingshi County fall into chaos. Once Qingshi County fell into chaos, the soldiers at the border would have no one to rely on in the rear.

  Jiang Shian, who heard the news, also rushed over.

  Everyone realized that once the chaos came, Qingshi County, as the only county with food in the surrounding area, would have no chance of being spared.

  If you want to defend Qingshi County, you need food, soldiers, and weapons.

  Although there is no food in the government office now, as long as they hold on for a month, after the winter wheat harvest is completed, there will be a large amount of food, enough for the people of Qingshi County to eat for two years. As long as Qingshi County can be protected from being conquered, they can plant two crops of wheat next spring. With enough seeds, she can make all the land in Qingshi County grow high yields.

  Jiang Chuchu only had more than a thousand people, including the workers in the farm and the breeding farm. The workers had never fought in a war, and they were needed to ensure the supply in the rear, so they could not be counted. In total, she only had 300 people at her disposal.

  As long as they are not targeted or involved in a war, three hundred people are enough to protect them, but what Jiang Chuchu wants is to defend Qingshi County so that Gu Jingyu will have no worries.

  This will require more troops.

  The people under Jiang Shian's command are usually fine at guarding the city gate, but once a large number of refugees pour in, they are short of manpower and cannot control the chaotic situation at all.

  The first thing to do is to recruit people, and the second is to buy or build some weapons.

  Jiang Shian was responsible for recruiting people, and Jiang Chuchu was responsible for getting some weapons.

  Because she was worried, Jiang Chuchu couldn't sleep all night until Gu Jingyu sent her a message that he might have obtained a batch of weapons. Only then did she sleep well.