Fall

A steady stream of grain poured into the warehouse, making Jiang Chuchu extremely wealthy, but Jiang Shian was so poor that he had to rely on his sister for support even to pay the yamen runners' salaries.

  Seeing how poor her brother was, Jiang Chuchu was very straightforward and just paid two years' taxes.

  She looked at her elder brother with a look of begging for praise.

  "Brother, are you touched? Which girl is as nice as me?"

  Jiang Shian's eyes were shining as he looked at the food. With these things, the people of Qingshi County would be satisfied!

  "Brother, are you still short of food?"

  Jiang Shian was stunned. What did this mean? Why did it sound so weird?

  "Who would complain about having too much food?"

  There is hope! Jiang Chuchu, who was so poor that she only had food left, felt that she would definitely be able to get the Nanshan that she wanted.

  "I see a Nanshan Mountain outside the city. I don't have the money to buy it. Can I exchange it for grain?"

  The mountain was bare, covered with useless dead grass and trees. There were quite a few wild fruit trees on the mountain, but the fruits were sour, and no one liked to eat them except pregnant women who had a bad taste in their mouths.

  "Of course you can, but what do you want that mountain for?"

  "Grow apples and ripen."

  Jiang Chuchu replied, "The fruits used in the canned goods in the warehouse are grown by ourselves, and they taste very good."

  Jiang Shian enjoyed the canned food and even praised it, but he didn't know that Jiang Chuchu made it herself.

  Jiang Shian was a little tempted when he heard this. "If you are sure, I will give it to you at a discount price based on the previous price."

  The previous price was about 13,000 taels of silver. Jiang Chuchu didn't want to use all the grain, as she hadn't consumed much of the mutton in her farm yet.

  "Brother, do you want mutton?"

  There is no way. We can’t sell much mutton here because everyone is short of money.

  "Okay, 50 at most."

  This amount of sheep is just a drop in the bucket for her.

  "Brother, do you know any reliable merchants?"

  Jiang Shian actually knew quite a few people, but none of them were big businessmen.

  After all, Qingshi County is too small and people don't even think highly of it.

  After searching in his mind, he finally came up with two names, but unfortunately, the strength of these two people was not enough to defeat Jiang Chuchu.

  She didn't want to bother, "How about you help me with this matter, brother? How about I give you a share of the profit?"

  Jiang Shian felt that it was a bit too much, and his sister was deliberately giving him money.

  "No, no, I just feel that it would be a lot of work to deal with so many people. Since you are familiar with their personalities, I can save myself the trouble by handing them over to you directly."

  Jiang Chuchu said a few words and her brother nodded.

  In fact, Jiang Shian dotes on his sister and is happy to be fooled by her.