Shelling Machine

Gu Jingze looked at the scene in front of him with indifference.

  The ground was littered with corpses of common people, all of them half-naked, their bodies in disarray, their clothes having long been stripped off.

  Several people on the roadside seemed to be still gasping for breath. They were all skinny, pale and weak, lying on the ground.

  Even the arrival of Gu's army failed to make them react.

  Gu Jingze vaguely saw that their chests were still slightly rising and falling.

  These corpses were left exposed to the sun and bitten by flies, and there was fear that they would cause a plague afterwards.

  "You, go prepare some porridge and bring everyone who can still breathe." Gu Jingze ordered, "Take your men to dig a pit and bury all these people."

  He didn't know the names of these people, so he couldn't erect a monument. And judging by the conditions of the people around him, he was afraid that no one would have the energy to identify them.

  Such a tragic scene filled him with anger and made him feel deeply powerless.

  The world is like this, what can he do alone...

  The steaming porridge exuded a fragrance in the air, forming a sharp contrast with the stench that originally permeated the air.

  This smell successfully attracted the attention of the survivors.

  They wanted to rob, but were afraid of the soldiers' weapons, so they huddled together.

  "Da Li, take a few people with you, distribute the porridge to them, and leave some food behind." Gu Jingze commanded.

  This food is enough for them to eat for a while.

  He had only read in the memorials that the outside world was in chaos, the people had no food to eat, everyone was in danger, and people were gathering everywhere to plot rebellion.

Even the bandits in the mountains came down and started burning, killing and looting.

  He came here mainly to wipe out the bandits, but he didn't expect to see such a tragic scene.

  He has been following his father's teachings since he was young. They fought bravely on the battlefield to protect their homes and the people. But now, the people who have the least resistance have become prey to the slaughter.

  Aren’t their lives lives?

  *

  Jiang Chuchu, wearing a bamboo hat and with her pregnant belly, sat steadily on the soft leather sofa.

  This sofa was made by Gu Jingyu himself for Jiang Chuchu after he saw the furniture in her space.

  A big one, big enough for a person to lie down, is now placed in their house.

  The other smaller one is the one Jiang Chuchu is sitting on.

  There is a cushion behind the sofa, which can protect her waist well.

  In order to prevent herself from inhaling the sawdust left by the carpenters in front of her, Jiang Chuchu placed a large screen in front of her.

  The carpenters are carefully making various small parts according to the drawings. If they encounter something they don't understand, they will ask.

  A dozen carpenters worked together for a whole day and only managed to produce an empty shell.

  "Kana, give him the stuff."