A MOMENT OF REFLECTION

The city lights twinkled like a constellation of dreams, each one a story waiting to be told. Lingling watched them, her mind drifting from the day's stresses. She has served as the CEO of this company for more than eight years, but the journey had been demanding. She had faced challenges, overcome obstacles, and learned to navigate the treacherous waters of corporate life. But tonight, she allowed herself a moment of quiet reflection. She had come a long way, but the road ahead is still long and winding. She knew the challenges would continue, but she is ready to face them, armed with her ambition and her unwavering spirit.

A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she set down her wine glass and turned towards her desk. She picked up the phone and dialed a number.

"Never mind, I'm in. Send me the location."

Before the other line could respond, she ended the call and stormed out of her office.

-

At the Crimson Moon

The dance floor pulses with a mix of electronic beats and soft background tunes, casting a mesmerizing spell. In the midst of the crowd of wealthy city dwellers, hushed conversations and laughter fill the air. The fragrance of pricey perfumes mingles with the exotic scent of fruity cocktails, creating a rich atmosphere. Lingling, usually practical, finds solace in the alluring ambiance of the Crimson Moon to ease her troubled thoughts.

"Over here!" Ying, Her best buddy, beckoned her over to the counter with a wave of her hand.

Ying Anada and Lingling have been best friends since childhood, with Ying establishing this Club four years ago. The establishment attracts a crowd of affluent individuals and stylish youngsters, including college students seeking a reprieve after exhausting school days. For many, this venue serves as a sanctuary from stress. However, some wealthy underage patrons manage to sneak in by presenting fake IDs to appear of legal age. The bar owner remains oblivious to this deceit as these minors simply bribe the bouncers to gain entry.

Lingling settled at the counter table and promptly signaled the bartender for a drink.

(NOTE: Lingling is older than Ying Anada)

"So, what made you change your mind and come to my bar?"

Ying persistently invited her best friend to her club, mainly to gossip, even though Lingling typically refrains from engaging in such talk. Lingling often lets Ying chatter on about people she dislikes without participating in the gossip herself. While she may listen to her best friend's gossip about others, she tends to forget about it afterwards.

The older woman rolled her eyes. "Drinking alone in my office was getting me down, so I decided to come here. You're lucky I chose your place." That made her friend chuckle.

"It would have been better to have a drink with Win to avoid feeling lonely."

"He's out of town" Lingling boredly say.

Ying, noticing her friend's downcast expression, inquired, "Is it because your boy is away that you're feeling a little down?"

The CEO shakes her head. "It's just work stress, nothing major. I just want to unwind with a drink and clear my head."

"Oh. But are you guys already a thing?"

Lingling chuckled at her friend's question. "Not yet."

Ying playfully nudge her friend "Not yet but soon."

"It's been two years since he started pursuing you, and you're still not together. Do you love him?"

The older woman just laughed. "You keep asking. Can you shut up and let me enjoy my drink?"