INITIATING CONTROL

She hurriedly opened the door of her room and worriedly went beside Orm. "Orm what happened?"

Orm tilted her head towards the woman who sat beside her and hissed, "My head hurts."

Lingling, the woman beside her, tapped her back gently to calm her, "Let's head downstairs for you to have breakfast and take the pain killer"

With Lingling's guidance, the younger woman, Orm, slowly got up from the bed and made her way downstairs. As they entered the dining area, Mr. Kwong and Mrs. Kwong greeted Orm with warm smiles, while her two sisters wore teasing smiles on their faces. Orm felt her cheeks flush as she saw the familiar faces gathered around the table. She quickly bowed down, momentarily forgetting about her headache.

Lingling, ever the caring companion, guided Orm to a seat at the table, ensuring she was comfortable. The atmosphere was filled with a mix of concern and light-hearted teasing as Orm settled in, ready to ease her headache with some breakfast and a painkiller.

"Try this, Orm. It's good, I cooked this" Mrs. Kwong offered, serving Orm a plate of food. She didn't inquire further about Orm's mood but instead tried to uplift her spirits by presenting her with delicious dishes, which Orm gratefully accepted.

"It's been a while since you came to visit us, Orm. How was school?" Mr. Kwong inquired with a warm smile.

"I'm doing well, uncle. Our exams are approaching." Orm responded, savoring her food slowly.

Orm had a routine of visiting the Kwong mansion daily when she was younger, together with her cousin, Ying. They shared a close bond with the Kwong family, with Mr. and Mrs. Kwong treats them as their own children. However, as Orm grew older and became engrossed in college life, her visits to the mansion became less frequent. Despite Orm's busy college life leading to fewer visits, their strong connection remained evident. Whenever they did visit, they were welcomed warmly as if they were permanent residents of the mansion.

"Good luck. And what's your plan after you graduate?" Mr. Kwong continued the conversation.

Orm smiled, taking a sip of water before responding, "I don't have a concrete plan, uncle. Maybe I'll think about it after exams."

Freen interjected with a cough and a smirk, "Mom, Dad, Nong Orm and Phi Lingling look good together, don't they? I hope they develop feelings for each other."

Both mentioned girls turned to look at her, Orm's face flushing with embarrassment, while Lingling widened her eyes in surprise at her sister's comment.

"Orm is still young She has all the time to meet people in the future,
while Lingling is at the marriageable age, similar to Faye. Moreover, Lingling is already in a relationship, correct? What's his name?" Mr. Kwong stated, wiping his lips with a napkin as he gazed directly at Lingling.

"Win, Dad. Win Metawin," Faye replied casually, her attention still focused on her plate.

"Win Metawin? Isn't that your business partner?" Mr. Kwong questioned.

Lingling glanced at Orm from the corner of her eye before avoiding her dad's gaze. "No, I don't have a boyfriend."

Orm remained silent, absorbing the conversation unfolding around her.

"I would lend my support to Lingling and Orm if they decided to pursue a relationship." Mrs. Kwong expressed, her eyes reflecting support.

"No, we don't have a relationship. She's like our baby sister, right?" Lingling clarified, looking at both her sisters. However, she received a roll of eyes from Freen and no response from Faye.

Orm stayed silent, the words from Lingling piercing her heart. She fought back tears, managing to hold them at bay, though Freen noticed her distress and looked at her with sympathy.