HEARTBEAT OF RECOGNITION

Lingling was so focused on watching Orm intently when a waiter slipped and stumbled on an old man next to her. Startled by the commotion, she turned her attention away from the stage.

Orm, who was about to finish her speech, also got distracted by the commotion. When Lingling looked back at the stage, she made eye contact with Orm. Lingling's heart, a captive bird, fluttered against its cage, its rhythm quickening with each beat. A smile, as delicate as a moonbeam, graced her lips, but Orm didn't think much of it as she saw only the ethereal beauty of the mask that veiled her face.

"Orm" Lingling mumbled through the air. Orm's gaze followed the movement of her lips, silently deciphering the sound of her own name. But later on, her brows furrowed, confused why the woman is muttering her name.

Their intense gaze was interrupted when a woman approached Orm, engaging her into a conversation. Afterward, Orm retreated backstage.

The CEO, feeling a surge of panic, realized she'd lost track of Orm amidst the chaos. She quickly moved away from the commotion.

Lingling navigated through the bustling crowd again, searching for a familiar girl. As she weaved through the throng, a sharp hiss pierced the air, causing her to bump into a model.

"Hey!" the girl snapped, her voice laced with irritation. "Watch where you're going!"

Lingling immediately bowed, her head lowered in apology. She lifted her mask slightly, revealing a glimpse of her worried features. "Sorry," she mumbled, her voice barely a whisper. "I didn't mean to."

The model, however, seemed to recognize Lingling's face. Her expression softened, and a hint of surprise flickered in her eyes. "CEO Lingling Kwong? Is that you?"

Lingling's smile was a strained, awkward curve. She instinctively reached for her mask, wanting to shield herself from further scrutiny. She was here for Orm, not to be recognized, even though she was a prominent figure in her own right. "Yes," she confirmed. "I'm sorry, Miss Austin, but I have to go."

She attempted to slip away, but Charlotte Austin, a renowned model for Catalyst Corporation, stopped her. Their paths had crossed at numerous events, their names familiar in the same social circles.

Their eyes shifted to the stage as the spotlight, momentarily dimmed, flickered back to life, illuminating the stage once more. A familiar figure emerged, the same man with the charmingly patterned necktie who had been guiding the evening's events adjusted his microphone, a subtle smile playing on his lips as he surveyed the room. "And now, Ladies and Gentlemen," he announced, his voice a warm invitation, "It's time to let loose and enjoy the music!"

The tempo of the music shifted, the previously upbeat melody morphing into a soft, romantic tune. The air, already buzzing with anticipation, crackled with a new energy. Whether it's elder or younger, their faces alight with a mix of excitement and anticipation, exchanged shy glances. The man on stage, sensing the change in the atmosphere, continued, "May I encourage everyone to find a partner and join me on the dance floor?"

The invitation was met with a chorus of delighted murmurs. Hands reached out, hesitant at first, then with increasing confidence, as partners were found and invitations extended. The dance floor, previously empty, began to fill with swirling couples, their movements mirroring the gentle rhythm of the music. The room was a tapestry of smiles, laughter, and the soft rustle of clothing.

Charlotte turned to Lingling, a gentle smile gracing her lips. "Would you like to dance?" She asked.

Lingling feels nervous as she struggles to turn down the model while searching for Orm. She doesn't want to miss the opportunity to be with Orm, the girl she really wants, who is also in the same place with her right now. But Charlotte is so persistent that she is about to take the CEO's hand when Lingling caught the woman she's been searching for in her peripheral view, just sitting on the table with a smile on her face as she watches the elders dancing.