TOE OF DOOM

The morning air was crisp with the promise of a new day as Lingling prepared to return to Bangkok. She'd chosen an early flight, knowing she had a long list of things to attend to and take care of upon her arrival. Orm wanted to take her to the airport, but she insisted she didn't need to. She knew her girlfriend had important responsibilities at her office and didn't want to add to her already busy schedule. Before leaving, she sought out Mrs. Koy, sharing her plans and bidding her a fond farewell. Mrs. Koy, with her usual wisdom and warmth, understood and offered her daughter in-law a support, sending her off with a heartfelt wish for a safe journey.

And when she touched down in Bangkok, she immediately made her way to the office. Her first priority was to catch up on the work she'd left behind, diligently tackling each task. Once she was finished, she went home, packed a few essentials for her upcoming trip, and finally allowed herself to sleep, letting the weariness of her busy days melt away as she reclaimed her energy.

The following day, Lingling woke up as the morning sun streamed through her room window, casting long, warm shadows across the room. She stretched, the remnants of sleep clinging to her like a comforting blanket. Today she decided to gather with her closest friends, Ying, Charlotte, and Faye, to finalize the details of her proposal plan.

Faye, her older sister is now engaged to Yoko, and she had been busy juggling her own life, balancing her newfound responsibilities as a fiancé with the demands of their family business. Lingling understood. Faye had always been a woman of many talents, and she insisted to be a part of her middle sibling proposal plans.

Lingling couldn't include her younger sister Freen in her plans, as Freen had moved to Switzerland with Becky after their wedding. Becky is now eight months pregnant with Freen's child. A tiny miracle of love and life. And even though her sister is now living in another country, she had promised she wouldn't miss her wedding, a promise that warmed Lingling's heart.

Charlotte and Engfah were working on mending their broken relationship, taking things slowly. Engfah had been consistent in her efforts, even after Charlotte had rejected her marriage proposal. But now, it seemed like Charlotte was starting to soften towards her ex-wife.

And as for Lingling's best friend, Ying, is in that sweet spot of getting to know each other with Prigkhing having realized their mutual feelings. They were taking things slowly, savoring the discovery of their connection. Their outings together were frequent and filled with laughter, making them appear like a couple to those around them. However, they were both content to enjoy each other's company for now, before making any big commitments.

With the proposal plan meeting wrapped up, Lingling returned home. She gathered her belongings, picked up a small suitcase, and carefully placed it in the trunk of her car. With a determined sigh, she closed the door and slid behind the wheel.

Lingling tapped the audio system, searching for a song to set the mood. The moment she found it, a grin spread across her face. She started to sing along, her head bobbing to the beat: "Baby you know, know I can't control, can't handle this feelin' babe, stop teasin' me, no I ain't playin' games..." Her voice, full of energy, filled the car as she kept one hand on the steering wheel, expertly navigating the road.

As she was driving along, hyping up with the song, she spotted someone familiar. The person, carrying a travel bag, caught her eye. She pulled over to the side of the road and parked. Getting off of her car she then walks towards the woman.

"Engfah?" She called out, her voice echoing in the quiet street. The woman turned her head. "Hey Kwong, you're here? I thought you were too busy running the world."

Lingling's brow furrowed as she studied Engfah's parked car. "What are you doing here?"

Engfah casually glanced at her car when she noticed the CEO's curious gaze. "Oh, I got a flat tire," she explained nonchalantly. "I'm waiting for a taxi to take me to the airport. I have to go back to China. I've been neglecting my projects there."