UNSPOKEN DESIRES

The CEO, was in Japan for a conference, marking her third day in the country. As she arrived at the hotel for the business gathering, the bustling atmosphere of Tokyo greeted her, adding an air of excitement to the already anticipated event.

Upon check-in, Lingling and Win noted the presence of other businessmen and businesswomen who had also traveled to Japan for the conference. Despite being in a foreign country, Lingling exuded confidence and grace, seamlessly blending into the international business scene.

The Two had reserved a separate room, providing them with a quiet space for discussions and strategizing amidst the busy schedule of the conference. As noon fell, Lingling and Win joined the other attendees for lunch in the hotel's elegant conference room, where the ambiance was a mix of cultural diversity and professional camaraderie.

Throughout the Lunch, Lingling engaged in conversations with the international guests, sharing insights from her experiences as a CEO and learning from the perspectives of her peers from different parts of the world. Her presence commanded attention, and her leadership was evident in the way she navigated discussions and facilitated networking opportunities.

As the day progressed, the discussions touched on global business trends, cross-cultural challenges, and the opportunities that Japan's market presented. Lingling's international perspective and strategic acumen added value to the conversations, making her a respected figure among the attendees.

The three days in Japan had been filled with fruitful interactions, productive meetings, and valuable connections forged during the conference. Lingling's presence in the international business arena had left a lasting impression, solidifying her reputation as a visionary leader with a global mindset. Lingling shakes hands with everyone, "Thank you" Everyone is smiling for the new found agreement in their businesses.

After the successful conclusion of the conference, Win approached Lingling with a smile, expressing his pride in her accomplishments. Lingling, visibly tired from the long days of meetings, mustered a silent "thank you" as she leaned back in her swivel chair, eyes still closed.

Reflecting on the conference, Lingling remarked to Win about the efficient three-day duration, wondering if there were more sessions planned. Win, with a chuckle, reassured her that there were no additional meetings scheduled, eliciting a sense of relief from Lingling.

With the prospect of returning home looming, Win suggested utilizing the extra days in Japan for a vacation. Lingling hesitated, mindful of her responsibilities in Bangkok, but Win persuaded her to delegate tasks to her secretary and enjoy some leisure time together in Japan.

Resigned to the idea, Lingling agreed, acknowledging her need for rest. Win's face lit up with joy at Lingling's consent, eager to spend quality time with her away from the demands of work.

In a soft tone, Win proposed, "How about we take advantage of the extra days to extend our stay and turn it into a vacation just for the two of us?"

Lingling sighed, contemplating the suggestion. "Win, the company in Bangkok is waiting for me."

"Since we have some extra time and there's no rush, why don't we let your secretary take care of it?" Win said, hoping to persuade Lingling to stay in Japan for their alone time.

After a moment of consideration, Lingling gave in. "Alright. I think I need a rest."

Win's smile widened upon hearing Lingling's agreement, pleased at the prospect of spending more time with her in a relaxed setting.

In the following days, as they explored Japan together, their conversations were filled with laughter, shared memories, and moments of tranquility. They enjoyed the serenity of their casual vacation, away from the pressures of their corporate responsibilities.

On the final night of their stay in Japan, Win decided to invite Lingling for a private dinner, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The restaurant was elegantly decorated, mirroring Lingling's own grace and sophistication. Win pulled out a chair for her and took his seat across the table.

Clearing his throat, Win gazed earnestly at Lingling as he reached for her hands. "Lingling, it's been quite some time... I've been pursuing you. Can I have your answer now?" he asked, his eyes filled with hope.

Although Lingling was supposed to feel happy and romantic during this intimate dinner after the successful conference, her thoughts drifted to a blonde, mischievous girl in Bangkok. Thinking of her brought a smile to Lingling's face, revealing a different kind of emotion compared to the one she felt with Win. She had been missing the girl throughout her time in Japan, but she pushed aside those feelings, unsure of what they meant.

Lost in her thoughts, Lingling was brought back to reality when Win called her name a bit louder. "Ling, are you okay?" he inquired, his eyes filled with concern.

"What do you say?" Win added, his hope still evident in his eyes.

With a gentle smile, Lingling replied, "Let's take things slow, Win," that was all she could muster.

Win's smile faltered slightly, his hope diminishing as he turned his attention back to his food, the air between them filled with unspoken words and uncertainties.

The cool night air gently rustled the leaves of the cherry blossom trees in the park in Japan. The soft glow of the lanterns illuminated the winding paths, casting a serene and enchanting ambiance. The sound of a distant flute added to the tranquil atmosphere, creating a sense of peace and serenity in the park. Couples strolled hand in hand, enjoying the beauty of the blooming flowers under the starlit sky. The fragrance of the cherry blossoms filled the air, adding a touch of sweetness to the cool breeze that whispered through the park, creating a magical and unforgettable night in Japan.

As Win and Lingling walked silently through the park in Japan, he suddenly stopped and turned to face her. Lingling met his gaze, and Win took her hand gently, speaking softly, "I love you, and I will wait until you're ready."

Lingling simply smiled in response. Despite walking with Win, her mind often wandered to memories of the girl she had left behind in Bangkok. Each sweet moment she witnessed between other couples in the park only brought thoughts of that girl to the forefront of her mind.

Lost in her thoughts, Lingling was caught off guard when her lips accidentally brushed against Win's. Startled, she hesitated before deciding to kiss him back, hoping to feel the same passion she had experienced with Orm. However, the spark she had felt with Orm was missing. Realizing this, she gently pushed Win away, not forcefully but with enough firmness to create a distance between them.

The air between them was filled
unfulfilled desires as Lingling grappled with her conflicting feelings, unsure of what her heart truly longed for.