UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTERS

Lingling, with a gentle smile, helped her girlfriend adjust her blazer. "Ready for your first day, CEO?" she asked, her voice filled with pride. Orm, radiating confidence, nodded, a hint of nervous excitement in her eyes. Lingling gave her a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder. "Go out there and show them what you're made of! You've got this, my love."

Orm's face rested contentedly against her lover's chest, her arms wrapped securely around her waist. "Thank you, love."

The older woman's trip to London wasn't solely about seeking Orm's mother's blessing for their marriage. She also wanted to be there for her girlfriend on her first day as CEO, both sending her off to work and welcoming her home afterward.

"I love you, Lingling." The young CEO mouthed, waving her hand.

"I love you too, baby. Good luck!" She waited until the last glimpse of her girlfriend, then drove away, a smile lingering on her lips.

Lingling then drove to a beautiful mansion she had bought for Orm as a surprise. The modern house, with its elegant white design, large windows, and well-tended gardens, showcased her love and desire to offer the best to her girlfriend. The mansion is located just a short distance from Orm's mother's home, close enough for convenience, yet far enough for privacy. She had bought it three months ago, keeping it a secret. She also purchased a huge house in Bangkok and a villa, both intended for Orm. She planned to have them ready for when they moved in after their wedding, ensuring everything is prepared for their future together.

Orm on the other hand found herself sinking into a mire of paperwork. The endless files, each demanding her attention, were a stark contrast to the vibrant life she envisioned. Her head throbbed, a dull ache mirroring the growing fatigue in her soul. Now, she understood the source of her girlfriend's occasional short temper – the relentless pressure of responsibility, the constant barrage of demands. The phase of their life together, she realized, had been replaced by the sobering reality of adult life, a reality that, for the first time, felt heavy and daunting.

"Aghh! I'd trade all this for a carefree day in the school cafeteria." She muttered with frustration.

She spun around in her chair, grabbed her phone, and dialed her girlfriend. "Baby, I miss you. Can we go home and cuddle?"

"Hey, it's only 10 am, relax!" Lingling chuckled. "Don't worry, we'll be home soon. Just be patient, okay?"

"I want to quit," Orm pouted. "I'm done being CEO."

"Give it time, baby. You'll adjust to the routine soon enough."

"I'd much rather be home, and have sex with you." Orm said, her voice dropping to a sultry whisper making the woman on the other line blushed furiously, her breath catching in her throat.

"I'm warning you, if you keep talking like that, I'm going to turn into a vampire and come steal you away!"

Orm shifted in her seat, biting her lip playfully. "Make m–" she whispered, but before she could finish, a knock echoed at the door, interrupting their intimate moment.

She pulled the phone away from her ear and called out, "Come in."

A representative from the HR department entered the room, bowing slightly. "Ma'am, the interviews for the secretary position will begin shortly."

"Very well." She replied.

The representative bowed respectfully and then exited the room.

She returned the phone to her ear and sighed. "Babe, I have to hang up now."

Lingling, who had been listening to the conversation, nodded understandingly. "Okay babe, see you later."

After checking the newly bought house, Lingling decided to stop by the restaurant to grab some takeout for her CEO. She wanted to surprise her with an appetizing lunch at the office.