MANIPULATIVE SCHEME

Orm, visibly hurt, watched Lingling and Win's intimate exchange with a heavy heart. Her heart was unsettled by the presence of the two.

"Try this, Hun" Lingling offered a bite to Win, which Win accepted eagerly. Lingling then glanced over at Orm, who was visibly hurt at the other table. Lingling winced at the affectionate gesture, but she knew she had to maintain the facade to see Orm's reaction.

"You're so wife material. can't wait to marry you." Win said. Lingling faked a sweet smile at the man's words.

Ying's gaze was fixed on the two people at the other table. She could no longer contain her disappointment as she witnessed the scene. This was a side of Lingling that she had never seen before, causing her first-ever sense of disappointment in their long friendship. If Orm didn't intervene, She was on the verge of taking drastic action against the two. In this moment, her primary concern was her cousin, who was deeply wounded by their actions.

"Really Orm, I can't bear to see you in pain like this. I have to do something" Ying stated through clenched teeth and stood up which made orm to hold her arm. "Just let them Phi. Let's just eat quickly and leave." she said with a tinge of sorrow in her voice. Despite the pain reflected in her eyes, which Lingling found satisfaction in.

Ying ignored orm and removed her hand from her arm and marched towards the two. "Why are you doing this, Ling?"

Lingling, with a hint of sarcasm, acknowledged Ying's presence but showed no remorse for her actions. "Oh ying. I didn't realize you're also here."

"Stop this, you're just hurting orm."

The short woman shifted her attention to the younger girl and directed her words to Ying, questioning, "Hurting? Why? Is it because Win didn't respond to her attempts at seduction?" Lingling insinuated.

Ying gritted her teeth in frustration. "Orm and Win cannot be in a romantic relationship as you believe because–"

Orm immediately grasped her cousin's arm with both hands. "Phi, let's just leave please"

Ying looked at her in disbelief. "Nong Orm.."

Orm with pleading eyes, shakes her head, making ying sighed frustratingly.

Lingling was initially puzzled but dismissed it, considering it as nonsense until she spoke again. "I'm certain you're aware of what your well-behaved cousin did"

"Yes, I am aware of what she did. I also know how you speak ill of her as if she were an animal." Ying responded with a strong tone, locking eyes with her intensely, as if they were not best friends but enemies.

"I can see that you don't even care about her actions because you simply tolerate them." Lingling said mockingly, crossing her arms in a dismissive manner.

"Oh, is that so? Yes, because she didn't do anything wrong." Ying retorted defiantly.

Lingling chuckled sardonically, "I wouldn't be surprised. She's your cousin after all."

"That's enough. Just go." Win interjected, directing these words at Orm and Ying with a stern expression on their face.

In a tense moment, Ying shifted her gaze to the man who averted her piercing stare. "I am aware of your actions. May the burden of the falsehoods you have spun not haunt you."The atmosphere was charged with suspicion and unspoken tension as Ying's words hung in the air, challenging Win to confront their deceitful deeds.

Ying turned her gaze back to Lingling, her expression hardened with resolve. "You've not only lost Orm but also me as your Best friend."

Ying then pivoted, grasped Orm's hands firmly, and together they left. Leaving Lingling standing alone as she watched them walk away. Lingling's emotions boiled over as she struggled to contain her anger. Her thoughts were in disarray, leading her to act impulsively and speak words that could inflict pain on others.