BRANCHING OUT

The locker echoed with laughter, like a group of cheerful bees. Four close friends, always ready for a good time, gathered around it. their faces beaming with smiles. They were called the Golden girls, famous for being silly and seeing fun in everything.

"Seriously, guys," joked Prig, the humorous one, with a playful sparkle in her eyes. "Who do you think will be the first to get in trouble for wearing socks that don't match?"

Becky, who loves milk tea, smiled widely. "I'm getting ready with my 'sock-cess' tale." she mentioned, attempting to sound serious, yet her tone was full of playfulness. After that, she shared some corny sock jokes, causing everyone to both groan and chuckle.

Orm, the sarcastic one, rolled her eyes. "Oh, please, Beck, you'll get in trouble for talking too much, not for your socks." she said, pretending to be annoyed.

Yoko, the quiet one, laughed and held up her bright green socks with dinosaurs on them. "I'm just gonna wear my lucky socks," she said. "They've never let me down before."

"You're lucky you got away with that" Prig said. "You stuffed all your notes in that socks and took them when the professor wasn't looking."

Yoko's eyes narrowed as she dramatically pinched her side, making the petit girl winced in pain. "Motherfucker! I'm practically a scholar here. Meanwhile, you're over there, living the high life of a... well, let's just say a 'master of the cheat sheet'."

Prig, with a theatrical gasp, cried out. "Oh, the humanity! My ribs! My poor, delicate ribs! You're going to crush me, you monster!"

Orm bumped their foreheads together, making the two girls wince. "Cut it out, you two," she said. "You're too loud."

Their laughter and teasing subsided, replaced by the quiet rustle of books and papers as they packed their things into the locker.

Becky locked her locker, pocketing her key, and turned to Orm. "Seriously, Orm, where were you last night? You totally forgot to review for our quiz today."

Orm chuckled. "I had nothing better to do yesterday, so I stopped by Lingling's office and we ended up going out for dinner."

Their faces lit up with excitement, their eyes fixed on Orm as they eagerly awaited details about her evening with Lingling.

"Oh my holy cow! Did you two kissed?" Prig squealed.

Orm quickly clapped a hand over her friend's mouth, silencing her outburst. She glanced around nervously, making sure no one had overheard their conversation.

"We didn't," Orm said, shaking her head. "She's impossible to flirt with, you know? Always calling me 'kid.'  Like I'm not a kid anymore"

Yoko, shoving her books into her locker with a dramatic sigh. "Oh, yeah, Lingling's totally straight. And she's got a boyfriend, like, a super serious boyfriend. Totally not interested in Orm at all." She's emphasizing sarcasm. "If I were you, I would just stick to books."

Orm's head shook slightly, with a hint of doubt. "No, things aren't official between Her and Win... not yet."

Becky let out a soft sigh, her hand resting lightly on Orm's arm. "You should probably make your move before he does."

Prig, twirling a strand of her hair thoughtfully says, "I don't think Win will beat our Orm into it. He's been after Lingling for ages, but it seems like nothing's happening between them."

"Maybe they're already a couple, but they're just keeping it under wraps." Yoko suggested, her voice full of intrigue. Orm sighed, clearly unconvinced.

Orm, with a sigh, threw her bag over her shoulder. "Okay, enough of this" she said, her voice firm. "You're making me think too much, and I'm not in the mood for it." She started walking, her friends trailing behind.