THE TRUTH

"Don't you dare touch me, you despicable coward!" Orm pushed him away, her voice filled with rage and disgust.

"Let me just hug you, Nong" Win persist extending his arms wide to embrace her stepsister. While Orm keeps entangling herself from the man.

Lingling had been trying to reach her business partner, Mr. Win Metawin, all day without success. The investor required Win's signature to finalize the deal by tomorrow, adding to Lingling's mounting frustration. Glancing at her wristwatch, she noted the time – 4:30 in the afternoon.

"I'll be leaving early today." the CEO informed her secretary, urgency in her voice. She knew she had to reach Win as the investor's deadline loomed. If contacting him failed, she had no choice but to go directly to his place.

Impatiently, Lingling entered her car and drove away, only to be met with the frustration of heavy traffic. "Fucking traffic" she hissed, her impatience growing with each passing minute.

After enduring a slow and frustrating 15-minute drive, Lingling found herself near Win's place, but she saw him entering his car and driving away. "Fuck it." she mumbled, realizing she had to act fast. Sighing, she decided to follow him, knowing she needed to discuss the pressing business matters with him.

The older woman's face was a canvas of confusion as she surveyed her surroundings, trying to decipher why Win had stopped at the university. With a furrowed brow, she stepped out of her car and trailed behind Win, who was striding ahead of her. Her confusion deepened as she followed him into the garden, where Win disappeared.

As she scanned the garden, her eyes widened with curiosity when she spotted Win in conversation with someone who seemed oddly familiar. A sense of recognition tugged at her memory, and her heart began to race with anticipation.

Unable to resist the urge to eavesdrop, she discreetly positioned herself in a hidden corner, straining to hear their conversation. The thumping of her heart grew louder as she listened intently, eager to unravel the mystery unfolding before her.

A surge of anger erupted within Lingling as she absorbed every word she overheard. Tears cascaded down her cheeks, and she instinctively covered her mouth, desperate to stifle any sobs that threatened to escape. Her trembling lips betrayed the intensity of her emotions as she fixed her gaze on the scene.

Her anger intensified as she witnessed Orm struggling to break free from Win's grasp. Unable to contain her fury any longer, Lingling's voice pierced the air, "Let her go, you asshole!"

The sudden outburst left Orm and Win stunned, their expressions a mix of shock and disbelief. Win's complexion turned ashen, his lips almost blending with the pallor of his face. "Lingling, let me explain." Win attempted to interject, but before he could utter another word, Lingling launched towards him.

With a swift motion, Lingling delivered a resounding slap across Win's face, the impact causing his head to reel back. Orm gasped in astonishment at the force behind Lingling's blow, her eyes widened.

"How could you do this to us! I'm ashamed that I believed your lies instead of giving Orm a chance to clarify the truth." Lingling uttered, her gaze penetrating deep into his being.

Win shook his head imploringly, trying to hold her. "Ling, listen you got the wrong idea." He is still trying to deny despite being caught red-handed.

The older woman yanked his hands away and gave him another slap. "You're still trying to come up with excuses even though I already heard everything."

He let out a sigh in defeat. "Okay okay. I did it because I felt like I couldn't compete with Orm in your heart. I noticed the way you look at her, and it's not the same as the way you look at me."