•i dont even know your name•

Shawn was in the middle of an interview while you were another room listening to the interview.

"So Shawn, what is your favorite song on your album and why?"

"I would have to say I don't even know your name. I just love the feeling you can get off the beat and also, it lead me to a wonderful relationship with my girlfriend y/n."

You couldn't help but gush.

"So you'd say that you wrote this song because of y/n."

"Yes sir. I thought that I'd never see her again and I thought hey why not put it into a song."

You smiled as you reminisced that day.

::

You were at your third Shawn Mendes concert.

Hey what can you say you love you some Shawn.

You had been down for Shawn since his magcon days. It was like he spoke to you in a way no one could understand and you felt something better at every concert.

This time you managed to get in the front because you really wanted to get into this one.

As soon as Shawn stepped out on stage. Your ears were pierced with screeching fans. Some were already crying and Shawn hadn't even opened his mouth yet. You couldn't state you opinion towards anyone because you didn't come with anyone and you were fine with that.

He walked towards the mike with his guitar and a bottle of water.

"What's up y/c/n!!!" He cheered into the mike flashing his angelic smile.

Everyone started screaming even louder if possible. You just clapped because they were already screaming on your behalf

He played a few songs and the crowd sang along.

"Okay guys I wanna play one last song. I save this one for last because it is my personal favorite and I think you guys know what that is." He chuckled.

He started strumming his guitar and and singing the lyrics to 'I don't even know your name'.

Ooh you waited so long

Sometimes it's hard to stand out

You closed your eyes and sang along.

And I don't even know your name

All I remember is that smile of your face

You don't know why but that part always makes you smile.

Suddenly the music stopped and you opened your eyes to Shawn and the fans staring at you.

"Uh.....hi"

He chuckled. "It's you."

"What's me?" You started to get nervous because you didn't want to get kicked out or anything.

"Your the girl. The one I've been searching for."

You froze for a second.

'Me? Why would he be searching for me?'

"I would love to meet you...if you don't mind." He scratched his neck and looked down.

Everyone awwd at his nervousness.

"Of course."

So after the performance a security guard escorted you backstage where you found Shawn wiping sweat off his forehead and drinking water.

"Uh..hi again."

He looked up at you and smiled. You awkwardly smiled back.

"I remember that smile from anywhere." He said while patting a spot beside him.

"Come sit with me."

I walked over and sat down beside him. "You've been paying attention to me?" I asked confused.

"To be honest... I look for you at every concert here. I hope that doesn't sound weird." He looked down playing with his fingers.

"No. It's cute." He looked up at me with a blush dusting his cheeks.

"T-thanks. Well, I guess it's time I explained myself."

Turns out Shawn remembered you all the way from the Magcon days.

He said that it was kinda like a 'love at first sight' type of thing. He could never get you out of his head. He would try to get to you but the crowd would somehow 'pull you away'.

But he never forgot about you.

"I'd never thought that a song would be about me." You said glancing at him from time to time.

"Well now you do."
He chuckled.
"But I would really like to know your name."

You laughed. "Y/n. Y/n y/l/n."

After that you and Shawn went out a few times and you guys got closer and more serious about each other.
Which all leads to now.

You being his girlfriend of 2 years and never leaving his side.

"Y/n! Babe the interview is over."

Shawn broke you out of your daydream.

"Huh?"

"We can go now." He laughed while holding out his hand.

You smiled while grabbing his hand and walking towards the door.

"There's that smile."