•birthmark•

A/n: Don't know where I got this ideas from. Maybe I enjoy fictional worlds.Excuse the typos ppl lol.

It was the night of my 17th birthday And as everyone knows, when you turn 17 your soulmate is revealed to you by your birthmark.

Your birthmark could be a sign or a drawing, anything. Your birthmark is to match your soulmates identically. It shouldn't really be hard to find but then again there is billions of people on earth.

I haven't actually been desperately waiting for this day but I also haven't been dreading it.

Don't get me wrong, finding your soulmate is actually a beautiful thing. Once you two get close and share a "moment". Your birthmarks glow golden.

I finished the last minute touches on my makeup and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Okay babygirl tonight is your night."

I said to myself in the mirror and smiled.

I looked down at my wrist and looked at my birth mark. I traced the crescent wondering what it meant. Hell I've been wondering all my life what it meant.

All my other friends who were older than me have found their one before they turned eighteen and now it was my turn. Nervous was written all over my face.

I fluffed my hair once again and headed downstairs where a party for me was taking place.

My parents, but mostly my mom sees this as the most important moment of my life. I don't know why she expects my soulmate to just show up at the party out of nowhere.

That's what's always expected. My soulmate could be all the way in Hawaii matching his birthmark up to other Caribbean girls.

I got jealous at the thought. How the hell do you get jealous about someone you've never even met. Or may have met. Or may have walked right past last week!

God, I'm over thinking this too much.

Once I made it down stairs I heard people screaming,

"Happy Birthday y/n!"

I blushed and smiled. "Thank you all very much. I really appreciate it."

"Hey anything for the baby of us all." One of my guy friends y/f/n chuckled pulling me into a hug.

"Whatever dude." I playfully punched him in the arm.

I went around hugging and thanking people for coming. I knew just about everyone except this one guy.

Could it be....

Nah to cliche.

But I'm gonna still keep track of him.

Every time I'd see him I'd catch the back of him but it seemed he could see me every time he wanted. I couldn't help but feel watched for the entire party.

I was in the kitchen getting a drink when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I was kinda hoping it was the mystery guy but it was just my friend y/f/n.