•birthmark•|2|

I headed downstairs hearing the groans from people.

"Everyone calm down its just a power outage." My dad said trying to calm people down.

"No y/d/n. It's an apocalypse. Duh it's a power outage." My mom scolded him making me laugh.

"Why you always gotta put me out like that?" My dad asked my mom.

"I mean it was kinda obvious dad." I chuckled before being pulled into the kitchen.

I then saw y/f/n smiling through the dimness since candles were lit.

A/n : LITNESS✨

"So how'd you like your surprise?" He asked.

"It was extremely interesting. Hey where the hell do you find that lady anyway?" I moved around until the fridge looking for a bottle of water.

"Oh just the flea market where I was looking for your birthday gift." He laughed. I punched him hard in the arm making him Yelp.

"Ow what the hell y/n!" He said while rubbing his arm.

"Got me fucked up. A flea market y/f/n?" I raised an eyebrow which he probably couldn't see.

"Hey but you liked what I got you though?" I smiled. "You're right." I hugged him.

"Thanks again."

"No problem babygirl. So what'd y'all talk about?"

"She told me that my soulmate would complete me and he'd been be coming into my life sooner thank I think."

"Guy? Not girl? Really?" He grinned.

"Shut up dickhead."

We all kinda just sat around waiting for my dad to see what the problem is with the electricity.

With how it was on queue with that fortune teller lady's disappearance , I felt like she had something to do with it.

Then it got me think about what she told me.

Soulmate to share my differences with?

Sun to my moon?

I looked down at my hand at my birthmark.

I then thought about that guy I've been noticing all night.

Could he have something to do with this or was he just a figure of my imagination.

"Hey there goes that mystery guy." I heard y/f/n say.

"Where?"

I looked up to see the tall guy go out the back door.

"Wait you've seen him too?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Uh yeah. How can you miss a tall white guy?" He questioned.

"I'm gonna go after him." I mumbled while walking towards his direction.

"Uh, y/n how are you gonna just leave your own party?!" I heard y/f/n yell after me.

"Just, just tell them I had to go take a shit or something." I mumbled while walking off.

"I wonder if she knows what the hell she just said." He went off to go help my dad.

Once I made it outside where it wasn't as equally as dark in the house.

I could see his tall figure walking down the sidewalk making his way to the neighborhoods park.

Once I got there I lost track of him. I looked around. But couldn't see him.

"Shit.." I whispered.

I sat down on the swings and looked up and the moon. It was in crescent form.

I looked down at my birthmark and watched as my teardrop fell onto it.

It was almost midnight and I still hadn't found my soulmate.
I've been trying to tell myself forever that I'd be better off alone because I was different.

But seeing the moon out like this tonight with no stars surrounded it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"I'm gonna be alone forever." I sniffled.

I closed my eyes and started to cry softly but then I saw a bright glow through my eyelids.

It was my birthmark. It didn't glow golden though, it glowed purple.

I felt a pale hand touch mine. The birthmark on its hand glowed purple also. A sun.

I looked to see the boy with a warm smile on his face and a twinkle in his brown eyes

"You're not alone y/n." He said softly.

I stood up with my hand still on his. Our birthmarks were still glowing.

I was speechless. The one I'm to
Spend the rest of my life with is standing in front of me. At least I think.

We finally sat down and talked.

"But our birthmarks aren't the same." I said while still looking at the everlasting glow.

"I wondered the same thing. But I now realize what that woman at the flea market was trying to tell me."

"The fortune teller?" I chuckled.

"Yes, I was here visiting a friend. The only friend I could be completely comfortable with and I stopped there on the way. I stumbled upon the lady and figured why the hell not. She stared telling me about my feelings about me not being happy with myself and that would all change when I met my soulmate because she also felt different.

The lady was determined to get me to your house to your party.

When the power went out I figured the party was over and I was stupid for listing to an old lady so I left. But I felt you following me. Never thought it would've been the love of my life."

He caressed my hand. "What if I'm not your soulmate what if someone has the same birthmark as you?" I procrastinated.

He calmed me down by running his had along my cheek.

"I understand you're so used to being alone and know that the moment has come, it's too good to be true. But I believe we're meant to be together. No
Matter the glow or the mark."

I looked up into his eyes and smiled.

I should she the stars in the sky joining the crescent moon behind him.

I know realize that I don't have to be alone anymore.