•you break up• |2|

After the breakup with Shawn I felt heartbroken and drained of life.

But I couldn't let that effect me in the state I was in. Kyle was there for me trying to cheer me up which kinda worked. I continued studying for exams which actually paid off.

I made better than most of the people in my class which took them by surprise since they all witnessed what happened with Shawn.

To celebrate I decided to go with Kyle to the fair to keep my mind off of Shawn.

"Hey y/n you listening?" Kyle asked waving in my face.

"Oh. Um yeah. But could you repeat it again. I uh liked the way you said it." I said trying to make sense.

He chuckled. "Y/n its alright if you weren't listening. I understand you're going through some things right now."

He grabbed my hands.
"Just know that I'm here for you. Always."

"Thanks Kyle. You are truly a great friend."

He slightly frowned at that but I decided to ignore it.

I was about to say something but was cut of by a fist connecting with Kyle's face making him fall on the ground.

"What the h- Shawn!!" I yelled once I saw him on top of Kyle.

"Dont you ever touch her!!" He yelled before I pulled him off Kyle.

"Shawn you have no right to say that! You don't own me!"

He pulled me to the side.

"Y-y/n I know what happened might've made you think differently but that was a mista-"

"What? Mistake!? There was no mistake! You simply made your decision and I'm just beginning to be alright with that. You can't just poof into my life getting all defensive and shit! You lost that privilege when you decided to move on!"

I pushed him. He grabbed my wrists.

"Y/n. Would you please just listen to me for a few minutes." He asked with pleading eyes.

I turned to a bloody nosed Kyle who nodded in approval.

"Five minutes"

"Listen y/n. The reason I was acting all weird was because I felt you were getting too comfortable in our relationship. My last relationship was horrible. She cheated on me and lied all the time which kept me alert. You were showing signs that she would when she would lie to me and I just-- let my thoughts get the best of me." He said dropping his head.

"I hear you Shawn. I do. But that doesn't make up for the ghosty looking ass bitch you were sucking faces with in the hallway!" I was about to walk off when I was pulled back.

"She found out I was single and she kissed me. That's what happened. I swear to god! Just please take me back." He dropped to his knees and held onto my legs.

God how cliché.

"For Christ sake get up Shawn! Look you get one more chance but I swear to god if you mess up I'll--"

"Oh god thank you y-n!! I promise I'll do better." He kissed all over my face.

I pushed his face away.

"Mmhm and that girls tongue was down your throat. Look stay right here I need to talk to some one."

I walked over to Kyle with an apologetic smile.

"Kyle I'm so sorry he just--"

"It's alright y/n. These things happen to me all the time." He chuckled.

"Really?" I asked.

"No just trying to lighten the situation." We both laughed.

"Y/n. He's a good guy. This is just a rough path you guys are going through. I can tell he loves you a lot. Look don't worry about me best friend." He hugged me.

"Thank you Kyle." I pulled back.

"No problem. Now go on before he tries to kick my ass again." I laughed and went back to my jelly Shawn.

"Alright. Now what do you wanna do?" I asked grabbing his hand.

"Anything as long as it's with you."