•playwright•

I'm just gonna leave this here-✨

"
Ok. Are you ready to continue with the scene?" I asked nervously.

"Uh. Yeah."

"Are you sure you're okay with this part Shawn?" I gave him a worried look.

"Y/n, it's just a little touchy touchy feely feely kiss. No big deal." Shawn answered with no care.

I replied with a sigh. He began the scene.

"Bri, are you sure you're ready because you know I love you and if you're not ready, I don't wanna force you into anything." He came closer to me.

"Jake, you're not forcing me into anything. We both wanna do this. I love you. You love me. I'm ready."

He sighed.

"Okay just um. Just let me know if I hurt you okay?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Jake, just kiss me."

Shawn connected his lips with mine as he pulled me into his lap. We started grinding against each other. He traveled his hands from my waist to my ass. If only this were meant for me . We both know this is only for a quick grade. I hadn't even realized that we were kissing longer than needed. I pulled away quickly.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I, uh. I should go." I got up and gathered my stuff.

"Wait no!" Shawn pulled me back towards him and kissed me. "Bye."

I was completely shocked but quickly said bye. I ran out his room door and down the stairs and was stopped by his mom.

"Hey y/n. Leaving so soon? You usually stay longer. Is my Shawn treating you okay?" She asked with concerned.

"Yes Mrs Mendes. Your son is fine. I just uh decided to leave early, wouldn't want to make his girlfriend or my boyfriend jealous." I chuckled fakely.

What I said must've taken her by surprise because of what she said next.

"What? I thought you two went out?"

"Oh no mom. We're just f-friends." I stuttered.

"Well you would think you were his girlfriend. He talks about you all the time." She chuckled.

"Mom!" Shawn said coming down the stairs. "Chill!"

"Oh hush boy. So when's the next practice?" She asked.

"Tomorrow." We both said then looked at eachother.

"Aww. You two. Well it's always pleasure to have you over y/n." She smiled.

"As well as it is over here Mrs. Mendes." I smiled back.

"So I'll uh see you at chill tomorrow y/n?" He asked while asked while scratching the back of his neck.

"Uh yeah, see yah tomorrow." I held out my hand for him to shake.
"Aww Comon give each other a hug." Shawn's mom butted in.

"Mom!" He complained. "It's okay Shawn." I reassured him. We both hugged awkwardly just to keep his mother happy.
Soon after, I let go, said my quickest goodbyes and jogged next door to my house and went upstairs to my room and called my friend Y/f/n.

"What's up girl?" She answered. "This play thing just escalated a great deal." I said while plopping on my bed.

"How? Did Shawn say your breath stinks?" She laughed. I sighed. "No we uh, kissed longer than we were supposed to. Which means..."

"Oh my god. You liked it!" She squealed. "Yeah.." I stared at the ceiling. "And not only did you like it! He liked it!" "I had realized it and tried to leave but then he kissed me again."

"Ermegahd! Ermegahd! Aww!" She cooed. "Aww!? Y/f/n I'm in a relationship." I argued. "Yeah an unhappy relationship." She retorted.

"Yeah because I'm the only one unhappy in it. Jaylen thinks everything is all fine and dandy while I'm here bored out of my mind. I just need something different and alive. Someone like....."

"Shawn Mendes."
I could feel the smirk in her face thorough the phone. "Y/f/n, he's also in a relationship." I said. "Yeah an unhappy relationship. I know you see that little act he puts on her. He secretly wants you and that extra kiss was proof."

"Okay but that doesn't make it okay that we're in relationships."
"Unhappy relationship? Fuck them! They probably might end up together like they do in the movies you need to just focus on you and Shawn. Forget Jaylen and past ahh what's-her-name."

I laughed. "Whatever girl. I just need to sleep on it. Goodnight."
"Nighty night."
With that I hung up, got undressed and got into the shower. I got out 10 minutes later, changed into my pajamas and fell asleep with Shawn in my thoughts."