•subway•

It read 8:30 on my phone.

I just got off of work and was ready for a well needed soak in my bathtub.

I was visualizing a candle lit bathroom but was interrupted by a train coming into the station.

I stepped inside as the doors open and sat at the nearest seat.

It was surprisingly not really anyone on the train. I would never ride the subway at this considering that I live in New York.

It was me, and elderly woman and a tall brown haired boy. He seemed about my age.

My god he's gorgeous.
I literally almost squealed. But only and exhale of awe came out.

Usually I don't like to express my feelings for someone so sudden. But it almost seemed impossible to hide them form him.

I stared at my lap and forced myself to think about something else.

Aw what the hell I've got nothing else better to do. I looked up and took another glance at him.

He was standing holding onto a pole while focusing on a small book in his other hand. He would grin every once in a while as his eyes skimmed against the pages.

The long black coat and beanie made me sense sophistication in him.

Oh how I wish I was confident enough to actually go up to him and share a conversation.

Maybe it would be a make a good contribution to my mundane life.

My friends always urged me to go out with them and stop putting all my time in school and working at the library.

They believe I've already gave my life up to becoming a cat lady.

I'm starting to believe it because of how intimidated I am by this guy in front of me.

I decided to look away and stay away.

Who am I to even think that I could have a chance with him?

I brought my attention to the lady at the end of the car. She looked extremely exhausted.

Oh I feel you girl.

What am I kidding she probably has more if an interesting life than me.

She gave me a soft smile and I returned it.

I pulled a curly strand of my hair behind my ear and waited for my stop.

My prayers were answered and the car stopped. I gathered my things and stood up. I looked back towards they guy and was surprised to see him looking back at me.

I panicked and quickly looked away. I made my way out of the train and headed home.

Continuing my mundane life.

Shawn

Am I that revolting?

My heart sort of dropped to my stomach as she quickly looked away from me.

Good thing she wasn't aware that I was watching her as she waited for her stop.

Not once did she look up at me. She probably tried to avoid looking my way. I'd never be able to attract someone as beautiful as her.

She most likely goes for those bad boys. I'm nothing like them. I just wish I had the confidence to just walk over to her and talk to her.

It would've ended badly considering the way she looked at me before leaving.

Another mistake added to my list.

I looked up at the woman and she gave me an apologetic smile and I nodded and went back to my book.

Old lady

I watched she looked away from him, he would look at her.

Oh young love.

I wish they're just talk to each other. They'd obviously make a great couple.

This generation is so obsessed with pride as to who asks who out and if who broke whose heart.

That right there, is gonna get In the way of there happiness.

Life is to short, believe me. To be afraid of what can be.

They continued to play tag with glances until the girl just stopped looking at him.

She looked up at me and I smiled.
She then smiled back. Soon after the trains stopped and she got up to leave.

Then the moment finally came.

They shared eye contact.

But..

She quickly left.

See, I'm telling you. Life's too short.

A sad expression took over the young boy. He looked over to me and I gave him a apologetic smile. He nodded and read his book.

They'll meet again.. I feel it.

A/N

IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! I GET LAZY EXTREMELY FAST! I HAVE A REVISED VERSION OF THIS THAT I WILL BE POSTING AFTER THIS SO STAY TUNED BABES!💕