GABE

GABE

Gabe snuck back in the class to grab his backpack that he had idiotically left under his desk. He saw Sam bend over to grab it or something. He didn't know why but he felt the urge to stop her. So as soon as the teacher turned around, he made a dive for it. She looked shocked, as if she didn't expect him to be there. He smiled at her and winked. Then before he could do anything else stupid he bolted out the door. He walked through the front doors of the school and over to the football field. He stopped by the closed concession stand and picked the lock, expertly avoiding the camera. He grabbed 3 bags of skittles, 5 snickers bars and a Gatorade for himself, then a bag of Doritos and a Crunch bar for Dean. He shoved his treasures into his backpack and sprinted the rest of the way to the tree. When he came into the clearing he saw Dean lighting up a cigarette. He knew for a fact that Dean only smoked when he was angry or stressed out.

"Those'll kill ya, ya know." Gabe said as Dean threw him the pack and Gabe pulled one out for himself. He pulled his lighter out and lights his own cigarette. He blew the smoke out and said, "So Dean-o what's so urgent it couldn't be told over text?" Dean turned to him and took a long drag from his cig. Blowing the smoke out he sighed, "Listen man, you know I love you. No homo but I do. You are a brother to me, and I'd never do anything to ruin it, but I have to be honest right now."

Gabe caught his breath, he knew what was coming, and braced himself for it.

"Dude, I have a slight," Dean hesitated then said quickly, "craving for pot."

Gabe blinked. That's not what he expected at all.