SAM

SAM

She felt as though she betrayed Gabe. She had made out with him, seen him ¾ naked and truly wanted to tell him that this 'date' was a cover up to steal priceless art from a museum but she knew she couldn't. She looked up from her plate and tuned back in the conversation around her.

"So Dean. I hear from your sister that you work out? What can you bench? 150? 200 lbs?" Bela's date was trying to make small talk with her brother. Sam had to giggle to herself a little bit. If there is one thing that she finds funny it is Dean trying to make small talk with a dude.

"Uh," Dean stuttered a bit, "No, I bench 275-300lbs. What about you?"

Lucifer responded with a laugh, "Oh kid! I don't work out like that. I do my fair share of cardio and some machine work but I don't have the raw power to bench."

Sam was confused by Lucifer, he reminded her a lot of Bela. He was talking circles around everyone in the room.

She got an off vibe about him. Something in her gut told her this guy was bad news. Every time he spoke the hairs on the back of her head stood on end, as if warning her of something. But Sam had to admit this guy was good looking.

"And Samantha, how about you? You seem way too pretty to be dating my brother! Let me tell you, growing up Gabe was a little trickster."

Sam snapped back to reality. She internally rolled her eyes, jeez now he was trying to small talk her. And did he say date?? They weren't dating were they?

With one hand under her chin, she plastered on a fake smile and said, "Is that so?"

Lucifer jumped at her opening and began telling a story about when Gabe was little and ate every scrap of sugar in the house, including the actual raw sugar. Sam thought that she might've actually enjoyed that story if she hadn't been thinking about her relationship status and the fact that Lucifer seemed like a total fake. Not to say she didn't find Lucifer intriguing, which she most definitely did, it just bothered her that he was so... Bela-y.

After he had finished the story everyone politely laughed then Gabe came back.

"Ah! Gabriel! You missed the story! I was just telling your lovely girlfriend and her family of the time you ate all that sugar!"

Sam blushed as Lucifer referred to her as his girlfriend, and Gabe hissed across the table, "Just fucking shut it for once."

******** HAPPY HOLIDAYS GUYS!!!!!!! I AM PLANNING ON UPDATING AT LEAST ONCE A DAY DURING BREAK!! IF I DON'T UPDATE ONE DAY EXPECT TWO THE FOLLOWING DAY!!! I AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE ALL OF YOU! ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS MAKE ME MORE MOTIVATED TO WRITE FOR YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 <3 THANKS FOR BEING SO LOYAL TO THIS PATCHWORK FIC!!!**********