SAM

SAM

Sam and her siblings crashed into the house, dropping backpacks, running to the bathroom, and running to the fridge all while Ed and Harry ran to them with exciting news. Sam sidestepped her little brothers and went over to the cribs in the living room where Becky was bouncing up and down for Sam to come pick her up. Sam rolled her eyes and picked the 9-month year old up. She was a little blonde baby with pale blue eyes. Sam lifted her up and spun her in the air.

"Hello Becky-boo." Sam cooed to the baby. Becky gurgled at her happily.

"How's my girl?" Sam brought the baby's face at her own and rubbed noses with the baby, who giggled softly.

"SA-AM!" Bela's heavy accent filled the house, "Ellen told us we can go shopping tonight as long as we are home by six for family dinner!" Sam put Becky back in her crib and looked at the clock, 3:45. Sam internally groaned, two hours in a dressing room. Fun. But Bela came in the living room and yanked her up the stairs.

"Where are we going? I thought we were going shopping." Sam whined.

"None of that now. We are going to see if you have anything wearable in that closet of yours. Then we will go to mine see if I've got anything that fits you, I probably won't because I've got no curves at all, and you have perfect curves. God I'm so jealous! The only curves I've got are my boobs and those aren't even real!" Bela griped. Sam froze for a second, she remembered about Bela's history and how she wasn't even supposed to know that much. What Bela tried to pass off as a joke would've sounded like one to anyone else.

To most people in the family Bela was just a British orphan that Bobby picked up from a job, which isn't completely untrue, just mostly untrue. The only people who know otherwise were Ellen, Bobby, Bela, and Sam, but Sam only knew from eavesdropping. Bela, an orphan back in England, was forced into prostitution when she was 9. Bobby went on a job in Manchester and saw her walking the streets, with her pimp about 10 feet behind her watching her. The 25 year old man, who was her pimp, threatened to beat her if she didn't proposition every man who walked by she would get beat, cut, raped, or gang raped. He had forced her into stilettos and booty shorts, and even forced her to get a boob job when she was 10 years old. Bobby, apparently, beat the living shit out of her pimp and offered Bela the chance to do learn how to protect herself, to be part of a family. She'd obviously accepted.

Sam blinked out of her pity, look where Bela was now. Being flirty to a bunch of random guys because she wanted to, because she had a choice. Sam suddenly realized why Bela liked dates so much, because they are the exact opposite of what Bela had been forced to do.

"So," Bela was shouting from the other room, "am I picking this out myself?" Sam blinked again and walked into her room. The light green walls were covered in band posters; the floors were concealed with dirty laundry and read books that had yet to be put back on the shelf.

"This room is an absolute mess, Samantha." Bela clucked her tongue at Sam. Sam smiled and rolled her eyes at her. Bela already had a discard pile of t-shirts.

"You, literally, have nothing wearable. How have you lived?" Bela was almost in tears but Sam's lack of fashion sense, "Ok one thing at a time, we will go in order. Shoes, bottoms, underwear, tops, bra, make up, jewelry, hair. So what do you have for shoes? Where are your shoes?" Sam pointed to a small basket on the ground. The contents inside were another pair of black converse and some scuffed combat boots.

"Oh-Kay." Bela sighed, "What size shoe are you?"

Sam shrugged; she hadn't bought shoes in years. "Nines maybe?"

"Well I'm an eight so that won't work. Um so lets go to my room." Bela seemed very uncomfortable with Sam's wardrobe, like she was going to burn it down to save the world from it. The girls walked down the hall into Bela's hot pink room. She pulled out a box from her neatly organized closet.

"These are clothes that I bought you for your birthday but I guess I can give them to you now, since I'm only a few weeks early." She pulled a low cut Captain America tank top, a leather jacket, and a pair of black fleece lined leggings. Sam held them up awestruck. Bela actually put thought in a present for her, not just clothes Bela would like but clothes Sam would like.

"The leggings would look great with your long legs. But the other two aren't first date material. Maybe third date, maybe. But we could get you a crop top to show off the cute butt you have, just being honest, love." Bela pulled out a crop top that said 'Whatever' on it. Sam must've visibly made face because Bela snorted and put the crop top back on the hanger.

"Ok then, maybe not. How about a tank top and short jean jacket." Bela suggested.

Sam smiled, that was much more her speed "Lets try it!". Bela smiled.

Sam pulled on the leggings, which she thought really did make her butt look great, and a grey tank top with a jean jacket that stopped at the bottom of her ribcage. Sam grinned, "How do I look?"

Bela smiled at her, "You look wonderful darling. But we still have to shopping, to get you proper underwear for that tank and the leggings."

Sam gulped, "Please no, anything but that."

Bela showed her pristine white teeth in a huge smile, "TO VICTORIA'S SECRET!"