CASTIEL

CASTIEL

The glow of her clock read 3:07. Castiel was in almost complete darkness minus the small reading lamp she was using to illuminate her sketchbook. Ever since dinner was over she'd been holed up in her room trying to finish her Dean Winchester angel. She only had one part left. She pulled out her gold colored pencil and traced a shadow of a halo over his head. It had taken her almost 14 straight hours to draw it but she did it. And it looked great. Castiel carefully set her sketchbook on the floor and turned off her lamp and let sleep engulf her.

When Castiel woke up the next morning to the sound of banging on her door.

"CASSIE!!!! WAKE UP! IT'S LIKE 5 MINUTES BEFORE WE NEED TO BE AT SCHOOL!" Castiel jumped out of bed, she'd slept in! She threw on a pair of black leggings and a white tank top and grabbed her sketchbook and backpack. She brushed her teeth, threw on some deodorant and peed then rushed to the minivan that was already packed with people. She realized she'd left her jacket and forgot a sweatshirt. She was going to freeze. They arrived to school 10 minutes late. Then Castiel looked at the clock for a minute.

"GABRIEL!" She shouted which was very unlike her, "We still have an hour until school starts!" Gabe winked at her and parked the car. She tried to swat him when they were walking inside but missed as he ducked out of the way giggling manically. Castiel could feel the goose bumps consume her arms as she bolted into the entryway of school where she ran directly into Dean and fell over.

"Oh my God! Cas! Are you alright?" Dean fell to his knees and helped her sit up.

Cas could feel her face blush as she whispered embarrassedly, " Uh, yeah I'm fine." She was staring at this hot guy who actually liked her. He has on a grey V-neck and a red and grey hoodie that he pushed the sleeves up to his elbows. He had dark ripped jeans and looked like a male model with his worried emerald eyes.

Dean helped her stand up, Cas was a little wobbly and he steadied her. She was almost 100% sure that he was the reason she was feeling faint. He had his arm wrapped around her waist, balancing her. She shivered from the cold and the anxiety.

Dean smirked, took off his sweatshirt and offered it to her, "Here Cas, you are cold." She blushed as she took it. She slung her bag off her shoulders and slipped her arms into the sleeves. It smelled like him. It was huge on her, it went to her mid thighs and past her hands, and she loved it. She just then noticed Gabe, who wasn't worried about her at all but was talking to Sam. She rolled her eyes at her loving caring older brother. Cas picked up her backpack and looked at Dean, who was already staring at her. She felt her heart leap and her stomach do a gymnastics routine. She saw him shake his head a little as if trying to stop himself from staring.

Dean turned a little red and rubbed the back of his neck, "uh," He chuckled nervously, "So about tomorrow. My mom Ellen is on the list for the art auction going on at the DeMoir ballroom tomorrow. She wanted me to invite you to come with us. If you want. I don't know. She is weird. It's a black tie event and she is making me buy a tuxedo. She said you could go shopping with Bela tonight for dresses. But you probably don't want to go. It was dumb..." Dean rambled nervously. Cas' eyes lit up at the words art auction. She'd heard some of the Greats were coming to the town for auction but she'd never dreamed she'd get to see them. She excited cut Dean off, "Your kidding right? Of course I'd love to go!" Cas was almost vibrating with excitement. Dean's eyes it up, "Really? O-okay! Sounds good. I'll tell Bela to wait after school for you." Dean beamed.

"Oh yeah! Your family is coming to dinner tonight right? Bela and I can just go straight to my house after." Cas smiled.

"So is that were this relationship is at?" Gabe said sauntering over with Sam, "Wearing his sweatshirts? Man Dean-o. We've been together longer than that and you never gave me your sweatshirt." Sam snorted and Cas caught Gabe's quick look of flirtation with Sam. Dean must've missed it because he didn't say anything. Dean joking shoved Gabe and the four of them walked into the atrium of the school.